Motorcycle Forums banner

Continuing The Winslow Saga

11K views 66 replies 30 participants last post by  Hutchinator 
#1 ·
Something other than learning to ride? Hey, doesn't everybody learn to do stoppies first?

#2 ·
"The charges came after police there reviewed a videotape that showed Winslow, said to be a novice rider, performing wheelies in a parking lot."

I knew I learned the hard way, I was zupozed to learn mono'z and ztopiez firzt, not how to control the bike. Man, I feel like a fool now, my zkillz would be zo much greater now if I ztarted with the ztuntz.

I need some zzzzzz now

#6 ·
Guess we who pegged him for an idiot had it right. Violating his contract, losing at least 3 million dollars, crashing while stunting when he hadn't even learned to ride, all while video taping it so everyone, including the police who ticketed him, would know. I wonder how stupid he would have been if he hadn't graduated from college? VWW

#7 ·
Oh grief folks, really, why are we still talking about this? Maybe I'm missing something deeper here but isn't this sports news at this point?

I feel for the kid, I feel for the poor buggers trying to recoup their hundred and twenty-twelve squintillion dollars of upfront bribery. However, back in the real world, the kid knew the rules (or at any rate, I'm sure someone read them slowly to him at least once.) He made his choice and now he'll live with the consequences (and they won't kill him). If the team doesn't get all their money back, well that's the consequence of giving some kid with an aptitude for sport a great big steaming sack of cash and hoping he doesn't do anything too dumb with it.

At this point, unless there's an interview with the bike itself, I really don't care any more.

///d

#17 ·
Yep, I hear you. My daughter is 18 and she says kids opinions are starting turn against Bush and the war. Even my doctor, who rides a harley V-rod and is a Army Reserve doctor, was complaining about the war at my last visit. He leaves for his third tour soon. He said, from his Vietnam experience, that after three tours is when the Army starts to see people leaving the service in droves. He is getting out after this one.. Your were totally right on this one JB. Are you going to Laguna Seca for MotoGp? My wife is giving me a choice Freddys track school or Laguna? think I'll go to Laguna and con her to go to Freddy's when the endless Seattle rains start up in November.

kpaul.

#22 ·
What's to be mad about???

I think my neighbor has a gun therefore I'm planning to invade his house (he doesn't seem to like me anyways) if he gets hurt, oh well, that's "War". OK, he's not really my neighbor, he's on the other side of the world but it's still Self-defense, get it?

OK, I don't really think he has a gun (and if he does I may have sold it to him awhile back) BUT he has some stuff I want and me and my "friends" are bigger and badder than him and his. Get it?

OK, I suppose I could just go over with a sixpack and try to befriend him instead of this "War" thing but then I wouldn't get his stuff, get it?

#23 ·
Well stupid is as stupid does JB. Yeah Kellen jr. is stupid, so are those that support our imperial ambitions. Those that say they support the "war on terrorism" , and refuse to enlist in the fight are immediately exposed as hypocrites by questions such as yours. When I ask older supporters of our imperial hubris why they aren't supporting it with their presence, the immediate reply is well I'm too old to be accepted in the military. It is then that I remind them that there are plenty of lucrative job opportunities over there that would "help" support our troops. That usually shuts them up. BTW, did I mention that KW Jr. is stupid? VWW

#26 ·
Re: Ask this one too

eh? buzglyd how much do you think us govt. spends on 'welfare' as compared to how much it spends to maintain 10 nuclear aircraft carriers and all the trimmings? It's similar to the ratio of what i spend on beer and cigs compared to what i tithe to the Church of Latter Day Saints. Find a new argument please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.