Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
The new hotness.

That movie is disco.

I've been kicking around 2 ideas, one stolen and one not. I read in PB about a group of guys in the Netherlands (I think) that were starting a car park racing league. Imagine supermoto in a parking garage - just like this movie, but with competition. Set up a CCTV network and invite spectators, live music at the same time. There's no shortage of empty parking garages in Chicago, and the bikes and gear would be cheap to run and buy. The only killer is insurance.

The other idea (Longride your opinion please) is a not for profit tenatively called the Chicago Parking Alliance. I need a trendy acronym, though. Anyways, I'd like to lobby the city for mandatory (not free) motorcycle parking, and I've actually worked out the platform. While I have yet to pitch it to a rider, I've pitched it to non-riders and they think I've structured it very well and think it sounds more than fair. I'm just unsure how to get started (and I'm not telling what exactly my platrom structure is, because I don't want someone to jump my idea).

Anyone here have any not-for-profit or lobbying experience? Shoot me an PM and we'll talk. Same for any Chicagoans out there interested in either idea.

--The Fox

·
Registered
730 Posts
Re: The new hotness.

Maybe I'll go the Union route. That seems to be the opposition block right now. There are a lot of new Aldermen. This would probably help if I was a resident. I'm moving to Edgewater in the fall.

The plan is to get started now to get all the propaganda in place, and then start to push next summer. So why does Daley hate bikes so much? Is there any reason or is he just his usual irrational self on this topic?

--The Fox

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.