Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Give me a break

I love it. There are several articles I have posted i.e other sites are excited about and longride posts this. First there are a lot of over pants by tour master, joe rocket etc. They are pretty much the same and work fine.. I have tour master pants and they will work as will several others. Get a clue longride, do what is best for MO.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I bought a pair of Triumph pants, but don't know who made them ($200). Great in the rain, but they only zip up part way up the pant leg and not enough to put my size 12 boot through them.

Also there is nothing but two velcro straps to tighten them at the waist and that is not enough, so I put suspenders on them and they work great.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
If want a cheap solution, go to eBay and look up ECWCS Pants. These are military issue Goretex pants. Very durable and warm, but no armor. I use dirtbike armor underneath. They are cut large and go over street clothes easily.

Hope you like Camouflage!

·
Registered
173 Posts
A time tested method for avoiding the boots getting caught in the pants is to put a plastic bag over your boots to allow them to slide through without grabbing. That has the side beneift of keeping boot dirt out of the pants. Obviously (well, maybe not, looking at the posts in this thread) you take off the plastic bag when you get your boots through. I agree that there are lots of good pants as indicated. I am partial to Cortec by Tourmaster. But that 's just me. Your mileage may vary. You might also think about putting on the pants before the boots ( I know it's a radical idea.) I keep two pairs of shoes at work and just take the boots off when I arrive. It really is not that difficult, folks.

look at newenough.com for good prices. No, I am not affiliated with them. Just a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just check out http://www.newenough.com/ (good write-ups, prices and photos) and grab a pair of tour master, fieldsheer, firstgear, joe rocket, etc. pants if you're on a budget, or go Aerostich if got the cashola.

As for melting on your exhaust... we'll it's time for a nomex patch on the of the leg you're worried about, unless you want to go leather and smell like mink oil. ;-)

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Note to self

Note to self: After beating longride, Buz, etc at Willow Springs, buy MO. Fire longride. Give staff raises...hire full-time.. Add more video articles. Secretly, create new child website catering to GPTB: Make longride webmaster in charge of content. See how long it takes to go under. I say two months...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Some advice (Why do I bother)

On what grounds would you ban me this time? Because I criticize your selection of articles to post? That's petty, almost Faux News like. You need to work on the bully thing.. I just think there are more interesting articles to post and Brand X is beating MO to the punch. One of best things about MO is that , even it news gets posted latter on MO there interesting dialog/reader feedback that comes with it. But the articles have to be somewhat relevant and interesting to a broader audience than your GPTB.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Here you go Down on the bottom of the page they list a number of pants reviewed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.