Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you all for your input! I haven't done any long rides this winter, so I haven't tried the Gerbing's set I bought yet. As for outerwear, I attended the show in NYC in January and ended up buying the discontinued Belstaff Typhoon jacket and pants at a good price. The only drawbacks I could see were the velcro rather than pouch system for the protection pads. It seems to have good features including lots of reflective stuff and ventilation zips, plus I liked the styling. My only gripe with the pants is that the size that fit well has the kneepads slightly lower than I would like for the relaxed bend of my FJ1200 (would probably be perfect for a Suzuki anything). Incidentally, the newer Belstaff pants, I forget the name but they had the heat resistant fabric on the lower legs, had a far inferior snap system at the waist. I couldn't keep them secured. As I try the clothing in progressively worse weather, I'll let you know how it performs.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.