Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I

I know where they are now: nowhere. In an interview with MCN Benelli president Andrea Merloni said "We want to have our first race at Monza in mid-May, although we will not do it if the bike is not ready - there's no point if we will be at the back of the field." Doesn't sound good for Benelli.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Uh, Goddard, isn't he the guy on the Benelli? The Benelli team has pulled out of competition, read the article at

http://www.cyclepub.com/redir/redir.../209.130.30.142/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=1702

Oh no man, I just looked at your fantasy racing team, you've got Goddard. Hopefully since this was a late withdrawl, you'll be able to sell him next week, but without losing the money.

Good luck

team name: Fast 4 Life

·
Registered
52 Posts
Aw crud, thanks for the news though! Hopefully that will be the case. Now, who to replace him with...? I'd like Bayliss but Izutsu's performance has me impressed so far, and he's probably quite a bit cheaper.

-Ollie

·
Registered
69 Posts
Goddard Gone

I posted this above, but for the benfit of keeping me busy at work, here it is again: I know where Goddard and Benelli are now: nowhere. In an interview with MCN Benelli president Andrea Merloni said "We want to have our first race at Monza in mid-May, although we will not do it if the bike is not ready - there's no point if we will be at the back of the field." Doesn't sound good for Benelli.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Troy did it with a 1'35.504 too!!!

Previous track records:

Superbike Lap Record (race) Troy Corser Arpilia 1'36.817

Superbike Lap Record (qualifying) Troy Corser Aprilia 1'36.661

Superbike Superpole Troy Corser Aprilia 1'36.185

2001 Winter Testing Ben Bostrom Ducati 1'35.228

·
Registered
41 Posts
Troy is really good at getting the pole position. ( I think he's greedy...nah...) Even against Foggy...but usually Foggy was ahead of him on the race.

So, let's see. I hope he'll win. He deserves it so much. Or Ben.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.