Motorcycle Forums banner

Could Pocket Bikes Help Track-Junkies?

25K views 101 replies 25 participants last post by  pdad13 
Pocket bikes probably wouldn't do it for me, as far as a substitute for track days. They might be fun, in the right place, but if I can't get to the track I'd rather hit the dirt.

Pocket bikes look more likely to hurt the motorcycle world, the way they are being used now. Monitarily challenged kids buying them and riding them on the road, etc... They are not meant to be on the road, but, ya can't stop Darwin...only slow him down.

And I can only hope motorcycle road racing gets half as popular as Nascar. The money for the riders, they increased visibility of motorcycles in a good light. Improved track safety, all good. The bad, the cost to run a pro race program will get even more absurd than it is allready. It would take a character (like Mr France in nascar) to bring it up in the world. Which means that they would have to pry it out of the greedy little hands of the AMA pro racing guys. Who would then be the iron fisted ruler of the series.

As far as a supplement to the track days. I would sugest that you go find a 125 or 250 dirt bike and ride it when you can't get to the track. They are cheep used, and inexpensive to own, and a blast to ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.