Motorcycle Forums banner

Could Pocket Bikes Help Track-Junkies?

25K views 101 replies 25 participants last post by  pdad13 
I'd never dream of putting a pocket bike on a real roadcourse. From what I've been reading, there's quite a bit of PB racing in the South, on Kart-tracks, airports and even parking lots And, even some Mini side-hack racing.

Me? I live in NW Pa. about 45 miles from Lake Erie. Don't know if, or when, PB racing will get up around here. Just seems like it might be a nice Cheap-Thrill, if it does.

I was checking out PBs online and, like you said, they seem to come in at $400 - $450 US, for the better Chinese models. I keep hearing about 15hp models, but I ain't found none yet. Probably a good thing.

Don't get me started on the AMA. I don't want to get sacked from here.

Besides, I'd never use words like treacherous, greedy, complacent, self-serving, arrogant, ineffective, smug, self-satisfied, autocratic or megalomaniacal to discribe the AMA.

Did I forget self-congratulating? Okay! I wouldn't say that, either

That would be wrong.

Thank ya Mr kpau.

On the behalf of my crew, NASCAR and myself, I'd like to thank Mattel Toys,Trojan Rubbers, the West Texas Mother Against Drunk Driving, and For Lethal Injection, Bubba's Adult Dance Emporium and my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ for making me richer than God, for going fast and turning left.

kpaul:

Considering you're ability to ***** people off, you very well might, as you say, be a genius.

Forget engineering...You've got a brilliant career with the CIA waiting for you, starting wars and destabilizing countries (absolutely amazing).

One of my concerns, about motorcycle roadracing becoming really big, is the thought of some of the loonies, who now watch NASCAR, getting thier hand on open-class liter-bikes.

While the decorations would be bad enough (Hayen Rules! Valentino Sucks! blah, blah, blah) combining Free Bird, Jack D and copious amounts of horsepower might be a bad idea, image wise.

I’m an Existential Surrealist; I’m willing to take responsibility, but I’m not certain that I exist (just came up with that one, sorta like it).

Personally:

Anyone who wants to be President should be automatically disqualified, from running.

Anyone who has to dragged kicking and screaming up the Capital’s steps, then have gun held to their head, before taking the oath, gets my vote.

Holy $h!t! Someone who's actually on topic!

Wow! From what you've said, you could be blastin bears or pickin possies.

Honestly, without knowing the variables: location, age, compitition, traffic, income of locals and Profit From Retail: bike sales, Tshirts, fuel, garage space, blah, blah, blah...there's no way to give you a valid answer.

As for myself, I'd probably be willing to pay $15.00 per hr / $35.00 for 3 hrs (with me providing the bike and everything else) but I live in a depressed area (NE Pa). What the market will bear in your area is anybody's guess.

However, "Ride whenever ya damn well please," doesn't sound like a very good idea, if you want to get maximum profit vs track use.

But, like I said, I got no Idea what you're up against.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.