Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
They tried this before in the 80's or early 90's in GP I think. Can't remember what manufacturer (bimota, maybe?), I just know I've seen them before. If they were as great as this guy says they are don't you think everyone would have them?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Why not reverse rotating wheels too? And reversed seats - like the Clinton administration (maybe it was Carter) proposed and the handlebars on the rear wheel. This would get you away from accidents real fast since you would be traveling in the other direction.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
That's all I need. More stuff to go wrong. And what if a little yapper dog or a fouton or something gets stuck in those gears?

It'll be like the ill-fated Douglas XA2D Skyshark and explode in a rain of gears and pins and yapper dogs and foutons.

I miss drum brakes anyway. Bring back the drum.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I call BS. When they start making claims like (paraphrasing from memory here) "it will make a bike travelling at 200mph turn in like it was going 40mph" when they haven't even built a functioning prototype, I tune out. Remember the airbag vest scam, where a company claimed they had developed a lifesaving vest that inflated into a cushion in an accident? They scammed investors out of 5 million bucks and before they got shut down. I say this is the same idea. Revolutionary tech? Why the hell hasn't anyone else (ie anyone important) put money into testing and developing it if it is so amazing? Anyone remember the Pogue Carburettor scam?

http://www.snopes.com/autos/business/carburetor.asp

·
Registered
44 Posts
They did build a working prototype. There's a video on the site.

The physics are sound, but I have to wonder how much unsprung weight we're adding (as mentioned earlier) and also what's the effect on the brakes due to the rotors travelling at 3 or 4 times the speed of the wheel.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
You go see the dentist...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.