Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Apparently, the short-lived Aermacchi/HD 500 GP bike had this feature. One is on display at the Barber museum in AL, and, from what I understand, is the only display you may touch.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
anti-kpaul

You're on to me. And so quick....no this guy is not me but maybe he is me i.e. maybe I have a split personality. is he logged on when I am logged on? Maybe he is me and don't know it... Where are my meds? Honey the headaches are comming back.....:)

No No this guy is the anti-kpaul

·
Registered
36 Posts
This whole deal would only be true if your discs weigh as much as the rim and tire and the laws of physics would have to be changed, just because two gyroscopes are rotating in different directions doesn't do away with the fact they are still gyroscopes.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I don't care what those other pale face bigots say about you bigdk, you are alright. :)

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
OK, I've heard most all the slurs in your rhetoric but one.

So, I feel compelled to ask; (why do I feel I'll regret this?) exactly *WHAT* is a "wagonburner"?

-Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
This guy's thinking is seriously flawed. Especially in the stability department. If you could make a bike that has zero gyro effect from the wheels, it would be impossible to ride. It would be as stable doing 200mph as it is when standing still with both feet on the pegs. A bike needs the resistance to directional change provided by the gyro effect of the wheel to stay upright.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Wow. Talk about obscure reference! I saw one in a museum somewhere. That's the attack plane with the twin turboprops mounted in the fuselage and counter-rotating propellers, right?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Yep, it had a bad habit of ripping the prop-gearbox assembly right out of the fuselage when the gears jamed. Test pilots were were augering into Muroc like lawn darts.

When I looked at the web page that's the first thing I though of...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I only read part of it and I want to sue the company for taking part of my life. I don't care if you have counter rotating rotors or not. If you do a wheely and come down with out the wheels being lined up you'll get a wobble. Bikes are more stable the faster you go do to the inertia of the wheels. I'm going to quit typing now cause it's a waste of time too...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.