Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Everytime I see a report like this, I wonder why we are always left to guess what the cause of the trend is. Do police accident reports contain relevent info like type of bike (make/model), age of rider, whether or not the rider was wearing protective equipment, involvement of alchohol, and suspected reason for the accident (hit by truck, rode off cliff) ?? This all seems like basic stuff that would be recorded after a fatality occurs. Some things, like rider skill level, would be harder to determine. But, we shouldn't have to guess about everything. If the experts investigated a little harder, maybe they wouldn't be stumped.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Reports like this can lead to knee-jerk legislative action. If we can better identify the types of bikes and riders causing the increase in fatalities, then the new laws can target these bikes and riders and leave the rest of us alone. The alternative is blanket laws, like horsepower limits, that affect everyone. BTW - I am not advocating ANY new laws regarding motorcycles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.