Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sacramento Bee ran the same article, but omitted many of the facts. Seems statistics can often mislead.

Shrimp aquaculture - is that like throwing minime in a hot tub and making him watch ballet?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Actually, I prefer the visibility from a sport bike - the seat position is typically higher than on a cruiser (at least my Suzuki cruiser). Secondly, I experience much better maneuverability with the clip-ons than the wide bars on the Suzuki. In a situation requiring evasive action, I'd much rather be on a sport bike...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Agreed. I have three bikes, and the Suzuki SV650 is the smallest but perhaps the most fun. I have friends that deride me (pun intended) for buying the SV. I really don't care, but I know that perception and peer pressure are reasons why more small cc bikes aren't sold. Everyone has to have an open class bike so their friends don't laugh at them... Lastly, if I feel like just taking a leisurely sport bike ride, the SV is perfect - however if I'm on the Ducati just dawdling, people laugh and think I'm a poseur. I'll beat 'em at the next track day...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.