Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
If one looks at the increase in the average age of those involed in fatal accidents, and the number of new Harleys sold in the last few years, it's pretty easy to surmise that the increase is largely made up of those new to motorcycling, affluent riders. I personaly have witnessed several crashes by riders who fit this description here in Northern California. Before all of you that are acolytes of the Highwayman start flaming me, I have owned over thirty bikes several of which were Harleys. VWW

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Seruzawa, while I've reached a stage in my life where the sport bike riding position has become less that pleasurable it is hard to agrue that one has less control of a bike of this configuration. The naked, standard,or dirtbike riding position in my view is superior for street riding, however the cruiser stance where one has thier feet splayed out and in front, like a woman getting a gynocological exam, offers the least control when the going gets dicey. You will note that in no example of motorcycle competition will you find riders using the cruiser control layout. VWW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.