Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mmmmm first post. Personally, I would like to see more straight on side shots, which help a lot in seeing the ergos on different bikes. Granted the rider height is a factor. It seems like shots are always at an angle.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
LOL I too share trepass' view of crotch rockets passing me and I ride a sport bike. I am 40+ and getting fatter. So Yes a rear view of your tested bikes might help me. Most of the time I only have a few tenths of a second to id the bike.... if you know what I mean....

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Getting old and slow has its compensations. Now I can ride around to my heart's content knowing that some young [email protected] is gonna go sailing by me on East Canyon Road and trigger the Utah Highway Patrol's laser gun before I do.

Thanks squids!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It was a Hondayamakawizuki. There's close to a billion of them. If it was a Triumph he was your age.

You can beat any of these kids on sportbikes on any ride loop, any day of the week. Don't bring a cell phone, drink your coffee fast and don't talk to anybody. You'll be home before all of them, enjoying your afternoon nap! Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hey, trespass...beg, borrow or steal a ride on one of those things. WOW!

If I were 20 yrs younger and a few more pounds more than that lighter, I'd be in real trouble!

MO is right - great attitude. And Tigercub is right, too. Like the great PJ O'Rourke says: Age and Guile beats Youth, Innocence and a Bad Haircut - which is actually a title of one of his many wonderful books.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Look, MO, I don't care WHAT angle you shoot the photos from as long as you stop showing the front of the BMW R1200ST!

Sounds like a great bike, but it's a good thing you can't see it while you're riding it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
"I'm over 50 and getting fat. I still ride..." I could wrote that! I have progressed (regressed?) from a sport bike to a fast standard and now I am thinking cruiser. In a way it is really depressing but then, it is not as depressing as no riding!!! I fear my reflexes are not up to the task of riding a fast bike any more, plus when I am riding I try to use what the bike is capable of and so I am always trying to go fast or at least as fast as I can (no one will every mistake me for Bostrom etc!) So now I am getting to the point of wanting a bike to relax on and just enjoy being on the road without the self imposed pressure to ride it like I stole it! The great gods of motorcycling forgive me but I am actually thinking of a Road King.. I could get some Edelbrock heads, a big bore kit and remap the FI…damn, its in my blood…

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.