Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the section of the forum i'm suppose to post about this.

I'm about to buy the alpinestar smk jacket. I tried on a size 38u.s. and it fits pretty well. However, the sleeves are just slightly too long. The wrist cuffs go all the way to about half way up my hand. I will try one size jacket smaller to see if it is anybetter, but I might not also fit the chest size.

Do you guys take your jackets to a shop to get it "fixed" to custom size ?

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Not sure if this is the section of the forum i'm suppose to post about this.

I'm about to buy the alpinestar smk jacket. I tried on a size 38u.s. and it fits pretty well. However, the sleeves are just slightly too long. The wrist cuffs go all the way to about half way up my hand. I will try one size jacket smaller to see if it is anybetter, but I might not also fit the chest size.

Do you guys take your jackets to a shop to get it "fixed" to custom size ?
Motorcycle jackets are supposed to have longer sleeves. The sleeves sound about right based on your description. Are the sleeves long when your arms are down, or in a raised position? When the arms are raised (like they would be when on a bike) the sleeves should come to the wrist.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Motorcycle jackets are supposed to have longer sleeves. The sleeves sound about right based on your description. Are the sleeves long when your arms are down, or in a raised position? When the arms are raised (like they would be when on a bike) the sleeves should come to the wrist.
I don't remember how far covered the hand was when my arms are "out in front of me", but I know my wrist was entirely covered when my arms are at my side, and when i raised them up in front of me. I believe while my arms are raised in front of me, half of my hand was still covered.
I dont' remember, but I'll be back at the store at the end of the week to check it out again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts