Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
So what do I have to do to get that engine into a street version of the V-Rod (prefereably a VSCR). or how do I convince a company to register and insure this bike is I put street tires on this one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Leaves A Stain

"Let's see. It cost 3 times what a Hayabusa cost and still does not beat it in the quarter mile. That's progress for you."

AMEN!

Buy a Busa using the extra $20K getting a dedicated track bike and a dirt bike with all the safety gear and modest upgrades.

OR

Buy a factory race bike from HRC.

OR

Buy the Busa, heavily modify it and invest (the Harley name doesn't count) the rest.

OR

Buy the Busa and dump the $20K into it and have an insane drag bike.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Of course @ $31,xxx you're assuming you could get the bike for sticker, which we all know doesn't happen. I figure about $45,000 by the time you're all said and done..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why do so many Harley's sound like that but don't go like that?

And if you put a wheelie bar on a Hyabusa what do you think the average Joe could do?

Now, if this were a street Harley I might be impressed, but it's not.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Like I'm Getting All Defensive Now

Pete made five runs and prepped/practiced for several hours. His last run was the only one faster than my single pass. Wonder what would have happened if I participated in the entire event? Wonder what would have happened if I weighed within 50Lbs of Pete? Wonder what would have happened if I’d had corn flakes for breakfast? Wonder what....oh damn you Pete!!!

Ok, so he beat me.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: As if?

Or a simple set of tie-downs on a ZX-10R, ZX-6R, R6, R1, GSX-R1K, CBR 1000RR... They'd all be capable of 9s with the right rider. Hell, there are dozens of 9-second "potiential" bikes. None of them are turn-key, just put Pete on them and get him into the 9s in one day bikes. -Sean

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.