Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
CVO Destroyer

I see what you are trying to imply.

So its an expensive Harley twin, big deal. Harley makes a "powerful" bike and the world is supposed to bow down?

An RC51 will run a [email protected] This isn't some warmed over bike with expensive factory performance upgrades, it's a 999cc v-twin in stock trim. If Honda added their HRC parts, it would easily break into the mid 9s.

But guess what? A STOCK, 9 second bike ran a [email protected], backed up by a [email protected] It was a 2005 Yamaha R6.

Half the engine of your precious Harley and less than 1/3 the price.

Neither bike had wheelie bars.

So my question to you is: Is your CVO a 600?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
my god man talk about your much ado about not much. Didn't don canet get an R6 to do a 9 a yr or 2 ago? No slick no roll bar? This younger generation... the guy pulling off the real trick here is HD PR man Paul James, good work PJ!

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Re: CVO Destroyer

Do you mind pointing out the part in the press release that said the world was supposed to bow down?

They made a spec bike for a AHDRA class. I think the reason the all Harley drags exist is so whiny, sportbike sissies won't come around.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I think the point here is that someone with no experience at all got the Destroyer into the 9s and a pro is planning on getting it into the 8s.

And you could take some pointers from that PR guy mister.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Re: How about more 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs

The hayabusa is a peregine falcon.apparently when the designer was walking down a beach,he saw a falcon dive down into the ocean.They can do speeds up to 230mph

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
So will that bike even DO an 8? Somehow I doubt it. It is like a Neiman-Marcus Drag Racing Chemistry Set recommended for ages 6 and above adult supervision required.

How fast would a $31K old air-cooled GS1000 go? don't they still race those? If I'm going to read tales of amazing derring-do, I like a little more amazing just my opinion... freakin Chuck Yeager flying past Mach 1 is nothing compared to Kev Duke's feat... at least have the decency to crash the thing if that's all there is.

·
Registered
38 Posts
whiny, sport bike sissies

I never said that the article had any bowing. But you know that the Harley riders get all butt hurt when we don't acknowledge Harley as the best.

"whiny, sport bike sissies"

Why are we sissies? Because we don't like your Harley? Because we choose a technologically and economically superior machine, we are whiners?

Or is it because we didn't give in and bow to your perceived superiority of Harley.

Aren't you the whiners because they made a separate and special class for Harleys?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
HD definitely knows its market. And how to market to it. O I get it but I'm shocked it's not in any of the accounts I've read about this thing: where is the Genuine H-D Accessories 8-Second Kit™? Where's the Genuine Motorclothes Greasy Wife-Beater Pit Shirt?

This coulda been fun if Gene Thomason had brought out his real HD drag bike and let the kids take it for a spin. That one does 6s or 7s I forget but it is frightening just sitting still.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Re: whiny, sport bike sissies

Most of the posts look like they're from the sportbike mafia with their panties in a wad over an article on a specialty bike that looks pretty damn fun to me.

For the record I own two sportbikes and one H-D. So I guess that makes me dubly superior.

Bow down!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It is like Special Olympics drag racing. Did u see pic of the assembled journalists in Kev Duke's story? Looks like Hoyer is playing the Chief in One Flew over Cuckoo's Nest remake in leather. Gene can be Nurse Ratchett...

AMAProstar Hot Rod Cruiser record is held by Yamaha Warrior, 9.161 sec @ 145.30. Can the Hog beat it? will anybody try? Gulp...

·
Registered
38 Posts
wheelie bars

I'm very proud of your ownership.

Sure, this bike is a blast to ride but a pocket bike is fun too.

I think the whine you are hearing from sport riders is from the asinine price tag. A bigger, badder and better bike could be built for less.

Putting wheelie bars on any bike will decrease time. Not just because of the safety, its also the psychological factor knowing one can give more throttle and knowing one wont flip the bike. You could be a drag race king with a set of Official Harley Davidson Super XX Anti-Flip Traction Units. Only $699.

The funny thing is, fools will part with their money for a name.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Sigh... maybe Hoy will be the one man in the wilderness to point out that the emperor has no clothes, selling 9 sec. "drag bikes" to people for $31K. Hey does this bike come with a warranty? How many 9.9s will it do before, ah? hmmm...

41 - 60 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.