Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st (again) As an MSF instructor out here in MD, we always teach that when running from the law be sure to SLOW, LOOK, PRESS, & ROLL in the corners. This will greatly enhance your chances of a successful escape.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Well, I sure hope it was worth it to her, to avoid a ticket. Dying seems a bit over the top though. Still, who am I to criticize her personal choice?

I'm just trying to fit into this new age of non-judgemental values neutrality.

Doesn't Washington have a helmet law? I'm surprised that there are any fatalities there. Especially on the safest motorcycle in the world.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Just plain stupid

Running is just plain stupid.

Sooner or later your luck will run out.

Between the use of Helicopters to track you, slow to react SUV drivers pulling out in front of you and too much adrenaline on a too powerfull motorcycle your chances of success will fall everytime you try something this stupid.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I save my sympathies for people who are placed in positions of enforced victimhood, not people who make their choices like this. Worse, this woman's stupidity will just reach back out of the grave as another example of them "danged dangerous motorcycles".

If we ever see severe bike regulation in the US it'll be because of people like her.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Stupid.

But, I believe everybody has a God Given Right to be so. Just don't want to hear anybody sniveling about the poor girl. She made her dedcision, and like all of us, gets to live (or die) with the consequences...

Woah.... didn't mean to get all doom and gloom.... must be the Monday morning talking

~Rob

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Social Darwinism rears its ugly head once again. Unfortunate for her and her family and friends, stupid decisions have a way of biting you on the ass real hard.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
That's really sad. no ticket is worth losing your life over.. When I see lights I pull over, stop the bike, turn off the ignition, put down the kick stand and take my helmet off. They say it's important to take the helmet off because it put's the cop at ease. The it's Yes Sir I was speeding and No sir I don't usually break the law in front of law enforcement.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Really? I always skid to a stop, jump off the bike and scream "F*ck You Pig, why are you hasseling me man!!" while waving my arms around, looking over his shoulder and raeching inside my coat when he turns his head..........

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
LOL Ah guy humor my wife just doesn't get it.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.