Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Darn Boots!!

Sidi Onroad Sympatex also have a good sized calf, or Wesco Shoes in Oregon will custom make a pair to fit anyone. They are the best in quality and customer service, of course they charge accordingly but they are true hand made and hand fitted boots. When you contact them they'll send you an order sheet where you can specify what you want and a template to take measurements of your foot. Send that back and you'll have a pair of boots made to you specs.

Unfortunatly they don't make armored boots but the ones they make are pretty thick

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Good old fashioned leather combat boots or jump boots work just fine and last more than a decade of heavy use.

·
Registered
164 Posts

"A fit around the calf muscles larger than your average anorexic ??" Are you related to Hillary Clinton? Try the Sidi Canyon Sympatex. If that doesn't happen for ya, call Hillary and see which style army boot she's currently wearing!

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts

I agree. I bout a pair of paratrooper boots from an Army/Navy surplus store back in '96. They have long lost their glamour of being able to use them for anything other than riding, but they are damn durable.

I low-sided several weeks ago when I hit some loose gravel on a rarely used back road…not that that’s an excuse since I could have clearly avoided going down. My leg/ankle was pinned under the bike when I came to a stop and I am very happy to say that I had no damage to my ankle. No bruise, scrape, or limp.

And, oddly enough, since my leg was pinned under the bike, it also propped the bike up enough to prevent any damage to the tank or any other expensive item. Just some small scrapes on the left grip and a slightly bent gear pedal.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts

You guys ride bikes in England?

Try the Sidi boots, there is an adjustment for the calf. I use the adjustment for inside the pants or outside the leathers. I believe I have the vertibrate(sp)

·
Registered
10,903 Posts

Yes, he bravely stood in front of a left-wing moveon.org-type audience and told them his vote to authorize the war in Iraq was wrong.

Hilary got booed. She's got bigger balls than he does.

·
Registered
328 Posts

I wear a size 10-10.5 boot and my calves run 17.5 to 17.75 inches cold. I have a pair of AGV Sport Touring boots that I've worn since 2000, but they don't have a lot of armor.

I recently picked up a used pair of the Aerostitch Combat Touring boots that worked well on a 300 mile trip last weekend (not sure how waterproof they really are, I saw a mild drizzle at worst and had the lowers installed on my Windjammer'ed Goldwing.)

One more thing I can tell you: Icon Field Armor Leg units are just too small. Maybe for people whose calves are under 17 inches cold, max. Anyone wanna buy a used pair with only one ride on them?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.