Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not to take away anything from Hayden, especially given his sex life 69 is no coinkidink. There is no replacement for displacement, aka, Ducati in WSB. The AMA should catch up with the MotoGP rules and quit feeling sorry for l'il ol' Ducati's pathetic vtwins, and now Honda too. ......Wait there not pathetic anymore, something about engineering I suppose. On a side note all vtwins sound like bad beer flatuations to me, I don't think I could own one for that very reason. Also Yamaha shouldn't be campaigning a bike they don't make, it seems the Superbike thing is not very well thought out by the AMA.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Yeah yeah yeah. We know all about the racing results.... yada yada yada.

Now, where's what we really want to see from Bike Week? The Babes Pictorial!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Why are all you writers bagging on Kurtis Roberts you are all a bunch of monday morning quarterbacks. Whens the last time a MO writer or any of the other online or paper mags have a writer that won a 600 supersport championship or a formula extreme championship or finish on the podium at Daytona in a superbike race or EVEN QUALIFY FOR THE 200?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Like it or not, Kurtis draws a lot of that criticism from his 'style'. Further, the crazy move he pulled in the 2000 600ss finale put a lot of folks off. He comes across as wreckless. It has little to do with people 'bagging' on him unfairly... he's well-earned the reputation. No one has to be a pro-level racer to see it either.

Doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't root for him, I'm just trying to explain why folks see him the way they do.

Jason DiSalvo's little tantrum after he took HIMSELF out is not terribly far removed from the same kind of brooding that Kurtis is accused of. No one likes to see a poor-sport. You can be mad at yourself for doing what he did, but don't throw your glove in disdain at the guy who inherits the lead after you did a bonehead thing like that.

He's a kid... they're both kids, hopefully they'll grow out of it.

-James

·
Registered
77 Posts
His style? Oh you mean riding like he has a set of testicles. That move he put on bostrom were they had contact that decided the championship. Yeah I hate it when racers go out and ride aggressive maybe they could all line up and say good race to each other like little league too. Maybe they can let everybody stand on the podium so no one gets their feeling hurt.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm sorry my ISP has been down for a few days b/c I missed this reply and odds are you won't see it b/c it's an older post. However...

I'd point out that obvious flaw in your logic and perspective on racing, but I'm not sure it'd help. Oh well, here goes: dude, if you think that ANYTHING is "o.k." in racing, you're sadly mistaken. Honest to God, you would have to be in the 1% minority that thought that Robert's move was "just fine". What if the guy would've won the championship had neither he nor Bostrom finished?... would you then justify a blatant 'take-out' move.. its happened in racing before, no doubt. Doesn't make it right though. I'm not a racer, nor do I have to be to know a bonehead move when I see one. By your logic, I'd have to be an expert on everything in life in order to have an opinion on it... you know that's bogus.

You have to look no farther than the opinions of the folks Roberts races against to know that the guy pulls some ridiculous 'stuff'. What about the stupidity in FX last year where he tried very hard to take out Hopkins?.. rammed him even! You going to defend that mess too?

For the record: I think Kurtis has more talent than he knows what to do with. I think if he stops getting overcome by the red-mist, he'll be a multi-time champ like his dad. I hope he gets it together, but I can't root for a guy that does stuff like that... if he calms down, I'll be right there (b/c I totally cheered for his dad and bro), but not before.

A good rider can pass cleanly. He's a good rider, he should pass cleanly. That's not 'touch-feely'.. that's just sanity.

-James

·
Registered
211 Posts
I read on another site not too many days ago that DiSalvo issued a very profound apology for his actions. So, I would have to retract my words about him. He showed some maturity that is beyond his brief years. Kurtis should talk to Jason and figure out where to find humility, IMHO.

-James

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.