Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I enjoyed the road racing and flat track racing at Daytona this year. We never planned on attending the Supercross and we're glad we didn't go as the weather turned it into a mudbath.

Picked up sweet deals on a leather jacket and a backpack.

Did anyone else take in the action?

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Small crowd at the track. Hopefully the new group does a better job of promoting the racing and gets more fan support.
It's a blessing and a curse. When no one goes you can see all the racing. The problem is that the racing won't be there much longer with attendance that bad.

I've been to several Superbike races. Funny how the sportbike guys don't support their sport.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Maybe.....

It's a blessing and a curse. When no one goes you can see all the racing. The problem is that the racing won't be there much longer with attendance that bad.

I've been to several Superbike races. Funny how the sportbike guys don't support their sport.
... but I can't really blame them. Watching grass grow is about as entertaining as AMA SBK. Looks like a parade. And what's with stopping the race for 20 minutes whenever Mladin falls down?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Flattrack is where it's at boys. Exciting racing, enthusiastic crowds, cheap tickets. Never been to a road race. Maybe I will get up to Road America this year to see what the excitement isn't about.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Damm you!

Flattrack is where it's at boys. Exciting racing, enthusiastic crowds, cheap tickets. Never been to a road race. Maybe I will get up to Road America this year to see what the excitement isn't about.
There aren't any flattrack venues within a reasonable distance. I used to go to Ascot but it was torn down in the 70's. Closest races are in Tuscon or Billings. Unless they bring it to Bonneville Raceway or Millers then I'm stuck with the AMA SBK series. Maybe they'll bring the new V-twin series some year. 'Til then forget it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flat track is good. I like AMA Superbike racing. Saw Rainey win a race in Brainerd, Minn. in 1983 on his way to winning the title. Been hooked ever since. Road America is an awesome facility. Hope to make it there again sometime soon, but not this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.