Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
How about obtaining all your test bikes this way and tell us what you really think, like you used to a few years ago before your editorial/management changes. Not that you're dishonest or biased, just that you can be more free wheeling and critical without fear of reprisal.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Thanks Ole. I am sure you will have fun... I can't wait for the aricle. Last year, MO had the best Middleweight Shootout article on the planet...Having the Triumph will add a new wrinke to it.. I am so excited I may pee my pants...:) Just kidding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am I crazy or is the text of the original post changing before my eyes?

Anyhow, Mr. Holter had better keep an eye on his hot wings. You think Sean is fast on a bike? You should see how fast he is going after a plate of buffalo wings. :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'd gladly trade my camera and all my Daytona photos for another plate of Hooters "hot" Wings. -Sean

·
Registered
25 Posts
You know den1111 might be on to something. Have you guys ever considered doing a "Real World" comparison using privately owned bikes with the common mods done to them? Granted, it's not as pure and objective as one done with stock bikes, but it could be just as informative and fun.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Triumph should have just made a 750, period. It's a damn shame the 750 class is practically dead and all praise to Suziki for keeping it alive, sort of. The liter bikes are simply too much for mortals anymore.

500, 750, 1000. So logical. The whole 600 class is a historic oddity and a mistake. 636 was cheating small time, the 675 is in its own neverworld.

I blame Kawi as much as anyone. First because in some weird way the 600 class sprang from their in so many ways trendsetting 550. Then because they let the Z7 go undeveloped and then die.

Bring back the 750's. Not too big, not too small, just right.

·
Registered
70 Posts
For his trouble, Ole will be receiving a new set of premium (Dunlop Qualifier or Pirelli Diablo Corsa) track day tires, a Buttonwillow Raceway track day, a romantic all-male night in a seedy hotel, suspension tuning from Dave Moss at Catalyst Reaction, free dyno charts, and a lifetime subscription to MO.
Wow, you guys wanna borrow my bike? You could see how ~20k miles and ~2-years of being parked outside affects a Buell and compare it to some other well-worn sportbike.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
If nothing else, it hurts the wallet a lot less when the manufacturer still owns the bike if you wreck it or something grenades.

Won't even go into the whole insurance/liability thing.

I'm looking forward to the shootout!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Er, sort of...

Well, that's only true in British Supersport right now (as far as the FIM-affiliated series go.) Many of the smaller series are allowing the Triumph to line up against the 600-fours.

The fact that the 675 is not being allowed in WSS and AMA SS & FX is more likely due to politics and the fact that Triumph will not be supporting a factory race team. Aprilia has hinted that they may be developing a middleweight triple of their own. If there's a factory-supported racing version, you can bet it'll be allowed in WSS in the near future.

And yes, the 636 is a "cheater" if you want to look at it that way. I'd rather look at it as a better engine for the road.

The 675 is not a "cheater," by most people's definition. It may have a larger displacement, but it is also "smaller" in a sense because it has only three cylinders. Displacement might be one of the most arbitrary measures of an engine's performance. It only means something relative to engine architecture.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Not a cheater

Yes, the 636 is a "cheater" if you want to look at it that way. I'd rather look at it as a better engine for the road. They also make a 600cc racing version, remember? I think Kawi caught the other manufacturers sleeping. Good for them.

The 675 is not a "cheater," by most people's definition. It may have a larger displacement, but it is also "smaller" in a sense because it has only three cylinders. Displacement might be one of the most arbitrary measures of an engine's performance. It only means something relative to engine architecture and tuning.

But I agree on the 750-fours (or equivalent twins and triples).

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Daytona 675 Found & Abused

"For sale, 2006 Daytona 675. Lo miles. Never raced..."

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Y'know, while you're at it... it might be kind of interesting to get all the other 600s the same way just to see if they're representative of test units? If it was that easy to get a Triumph, there must be 10 times as many CBRs and R6s out there. Do they all still build 49-state and California models? dunno...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.