Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
At this rate in a few years the 750 class will be back in force.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Don't feel bad. A friend of mine who's in his 30s recently bought an SV1000S. He hadn't ridden in a number of years. We went on a ride in the mountains a couple of weeks ago and after a couple of hours he started complaining about his wrists. I told him that some superduperfantastico motorcycle genius experts advise that he could solve all comfort issues by going to the gym regularly. He responded, "I do go to the gym! 5 times a week! These bars suck!" I told him that since he goes to the gym regularly that he is actually really comfortable and all the pain is in his head. He responded, "#[email protected]#@332$#$^#!"

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I'll tell him, but I think he's going to get some accessory bars to raise them.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Yeah. I sat on it a bit. Too bad they didn't put the Bandit style top triple crown on the SV1000S. It's not like the bike is actually a repliracer or anything. It should be set up more like a sport tourer, not an RC51. I'd consider owning an SV1000S myself if it weren't for the lousy ergos. With the fairing lower its actually a pretty sharp looking bike.

But I guess the clipons have more cool factor down at the Burger Barn.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Sorry, but I have it on superiorgeniusexpertopinion that you aren't really in pain if you go to the gym regularly. Must be alien mind rays from the Bush administration that cause that pain. Since he's busy in Lousiana causing hurricanes and stopping the mayor from evacuating N'arlins he may have forgotten to turn the mind ray machine back on. Now's yer chance!

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
wrong phraseology

The correct one would be: "You'd complain if you were hung with a new rope."

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Don't be disrecpectful. I paid my dues in the Navy when I was a sponger on a gun crew. Those splinters while trading broadsides can be a bytch.

Ask sarnali.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Good point and I can do that on other bikes like a CBR1000F or an FJ1200 but for some reason the SV just doesn't allow me to do that. Having had a semi-serious back injury (not m/c related) forces me to make compromises.

I like to finish 300-500 mile days in some other semblance tha a baked pretzel.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
73 hp means you can have fun rowing the gearbox without worrying about being arrested like you would on a literbike. I'd have killed for 73hp when I was 20. You couldn't buy it anywhere. Funny, but in spite of being limited to 50-60hp bikes I never felt deprived.

Ever get paid on the Trophy?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Scrambled Turnips

God yes! Imagine owning a Triumph without an easy way to add oil every 100 miles/morning.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I don't know, but Farragutt did in fact say "Damm the torpedoes, full speed ahead."

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Triumph doesn't care about racing. So they are offering what they think will attract people who like the current supersport class. If they sell enough bikes then, as someone else wisely noted, the racing associations will magically find a way to include the triple. When all is said and done, the bikes that the big4 sell in the showroom aren't the same thing that is racing professionally either. By the time the bikes are modified, tweaked and laoded up with titanium and carbon fiber bits any similarity is purely coincidental. It's always been that way.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
They ought to do what the drag racers do. Classify bikes by the amount of air they pump. That would even the playing field.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Scrambled Turnips

Where are the Dunlop Trials Universals? Shouldn't they be standard equipment?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts