Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Original Article:
Daytona 675 triumphant in Supertest

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Daytona 675 triumphant in Supertest in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Triumph continues to show how it's done. It's no wonder why they won't let the triple into supersport. Too embarassing for the hidebound trust that dominates the circuit.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Last Sunday I had a great day on my new 675...until I got ready to head home and it wouldn't start.

Fortunately, it turned out it was just a "defective" battery. Charging/electrical system is a-okay but there have been some with bad rectifier/regulators.

Anyway, now I know what all the hype was about. The bike is just so right in nearly every way, but I'm still breaking it in. I predict much more fun to come.

And there are four D675s in World Supersport, two factory bikes and a privateer team. Even with 1st-year development adventures, it's already competitive, scoring a few top tens. Garry McCoy might have had a podium at Philip Island had he not qualified crap and used up his tires, getting as high as fourth and gaining fast before he had to slow and settle for sixth. They're also running in Superstock and British SS.

I've also seen that someone is developing a big-bore kit for the 675, presumably to run in next year's AMA Daytona Superbike class.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Triumph continues to show how it's done. It's no wonder why they won't let the triple into supersport. Too embarassing for the hidebound trust that dominates the circuit.
They're on a roll alright, cranking out some excellent bikes in whatever catagory they compete in

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I used to be 70 lbs lighter! Actually, I'm down to 250, so the bike riding I'm doing is paying off.
Bike riding? Yeah. I dig it. Just starting that Knuck must shed a pound every day. Then there's the aerobic exercise from mopping up the oil puddles and sprinting down the road to pick up the fallen parts. I should get one!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I'd weigh 110 lbs. if I dropped 70. And at 6'1"ish that would be rather creepy(er) looking.

I'd probably have to go on the Kate Moss Diet; Coke, carrots and champaign.
That'd put me about 125-130lbs, at 5'10". Yeah, I'm almost as Fat as a young Michael Douglas. On Steroids.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.