Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I like the stuntas. I watch "Superbikes" for two reasons - to see how utterly lame Rossi Morreale can be (answer: astronomically), and to see that amazing stuff Jason Britton does. Un-freaking-believable.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm ok with the hot girls and the beer though.

Seriously, I wish I had these skills. The man who first did an intentional stoppie sure had nuts.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Well, yeah. They're X-Treme-ly irritating. I look at them and try to solve the chicken/egg question of whether Red Bull and rap metal makes you an a$$wipe, or do a$$wipes just like Red Bull and rap metal.

And exactly how do they know which funky handshake they're going to use when they meet? Is there a signal? Does touching your cap mean "Soul-shake to finger-spoon breaking into a backswipe with knuckle-rap and finger burst"?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Yeah, and they were squashed against the steering stem.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Are you guys reading the article? The redbull and funky handshakes that schizuki seems to know SO much about might soon be drowned out by corporate identity. You all know you WISH you had these riding skills anyway! - fonz

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"Are you guys reading the article?"

Hell, no. Reading about stunting is like listening to a race on the radio.

But I'll get to it later. I promise.

"The redbull and funky handshakes that schizuki seems to know SO much about"

I guess my lyin' eyes deceived me.

"might soon be drowned out by corporate identity."

Red Bull is made by a corporation. And every trend is eventually commodified. The funky handshakes will not be drowned out. They will be sponsored by Mechanix Gloves.

"You all know you WISH you had these riding skills anyway!"

How much madder could my props for Jason Britton have been?

·
Registered
292 Posts
This Sounds Familiar

I like stuntas. They are today’s biker outlaws. They hone their motorcycle skills the old fashioned way – improve or die. And they don’t give a shyte about anybody else. And they draw a crowd of young, skinny, smelly, and not-to-smart chicks in tank tops and tight blue jeans.

Sound familiar?

Unfortunately, it’s only a matter of time before the corporate money ruins the whole scene. Do you think that 20 years from now the overweight mid-life crisis lawyer and dentist crowd will be outfitted in ersatz off-the-rack stunta attire, bangin’ out stoppies and doughnuts on gyroscopically-stabilized, computer controlled, pre-dented and scuffed stunta bikes? Stranger things have happened!

All I have to do is figure out how to make a buck on this. Live to stunt, stunt to live do-rags? Stick-on scabs? Clip-on nose studs? Pre-rashed helmets? Logo tank tops for the not-so-young and definitely not skinny middle-age stunta chicks?

There is no greater calling than separating poseurs from their money………….

·
Registered
730 Posts
Re: This Sounds Familiar

The real scary thing is thinking of some toolbox paying hundreds of thousands for an AWESOME Civic at a Barrett-Jackson auction.

--Foxy

·
Registered
138 Posts
Does it start by rubbing your taint first? Now that would be a 'funky' handshake for sure.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts

Nah, only ORIGINAL and unmolested really gets that kind of bucks.

Those heavily-modd'd cars you see on the cable-show are just BS - it's the guys best friend shill-bidding.

·
Registered
872 Posts

Pre-rashed helmets! Even cooler than filing down your chicken strips! That's genius.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Stop piling on! :)

I just hate crowds. I don't go to rallies, I don't ride in groups, and I don't meet groups of people at bars. I ride to be alone.

Hell, I don't even like to have a passenger. Made the wife get her own bike.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.