Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, man - I'm a huge E-boz fan, but it's not good when Hodgson can come over and take 2nd on the Duc in his first AMA race. At Daytona, no less.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mladin was quoted as saying it was pathetic that the superbike class was a support race for FX and I agree. It was a dissapointment for me. And while I have nothing against Mladin, it would be nice to see someone else win the championship for a change. McWilliams writing in "Bike" claims the AMA championship should be easy pickings for any European rider. Too bad he didn't come over.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Pulled this off MC Daily from last year:

"Statements made by four-time AMA Superbike champion Mat Mladin on the RoadracingWorld.com web site here indicate he will not race a superbike at Daytona, again. Time will tell whether Mladin was sincere or simply caught up in the emotion surrounding DiSalvo's spectacular crash.

Mladin indicates several other riders agree with his assessment that racing a superbike at Daytona has become a form of "Russian Roulette". Will we see a boycott of the 200 by Mladin and others? Again, time will tell."

So now he's pissed that Superbike is a support class after last year's outburst? Maybe he should make up his mind.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Fifteen laps for the Superbike race was pretty weak. Could we get at least 20?

Nice job by Hodgson. Also good job by Pridmore and the MJ team for the first time out. Gotta admit, Mladin is good. Happy to see Yates got knocked of the podium by Ben Spies.

I feel bad for Josh Hayes. Very bad day for Attack Kawasaki.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, do you poke sleeping chihuahuas with sticks? Let him lie, let him lie...

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also good job by Pridmore and the MJ team for the first time out.

Yeah, but if I never see an MJ story on Two-Wheel Tuesday again, that would be great.

Happy to see Yates got knocked of the podium by Ben Spies.

Ditto.

I feel bad for Josh Hayes. Very bad day for Attack Kawasaki.

No kidding. That was the day's biggest disaster next to Brian Drebber.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No kiddin'!! Thank God he came over. The guy's a pleasure to have in the pits/track:

world class rider

apparently super friendly/great attitude

cheeky British humor

The AMA needed some personality.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Did you see all 20 fans in the stands going crazy?

There were more people in front of the stage at the NASCAR music thing the day before the race than there were at Daytona for the motorcycle race. And there wasn't even a band playing!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Been there, done that, got a hat. Mladin's Suzuki was fast, so was Mladin. Hodgson looked good, not too bad for his second run at Daytona... At this point I'll say he'll win some this year. EBoz looked good too... if only he could get a handle on the Duc again. The Honda's surprisingly/unusually seemed out-classed at Daytona. Spies had a good run. It was cool watching Miguel win his 5th 200 but... with a Superbike sized asterisk!!! Superbikes are the Premier class in the AMA, they should run the 200.

They changed more than the course layout, the spectators access has changed as well. You now have to buy an extra $20 ticket (on top of the $45 infield ticket at the gate for "Camping access" to watch on the banking by turn 4 amoung the changes. I didn't know that they allowed RV access (for other than Teams/Riders) doing Bikeweek in the infield, That could be handy...

Main St was fun, as usual. The girls are still showin'!!! Funniest thing to me was a guy (OK, a 50ish guy on a stockish looking HD with a guy passenger that looked like he was not experienced and was working against the rider, they were not wearing helmets) that suddenly swerved and t-boned a Cop car at about 2 MPH in the Hooters parking lot. The guy didn't drop it and he backed up and proceeded out of the parking lot. The guy didn't seem drunk. The two Cops, that were about 10 feet away on the other side of their car and watched the whole thing, deadpan (with perhaps some amusement in their eyes), said or did nothing... We were dyin'! Man I wish I had a video of that! All in all a good time.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agreed. Between him & E-boz, that would be the team paddock you'd most want to hang out at.

Actually, it would be a tough choice between them and Duhamel/Zemke.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, c'mon, Buz. There were, what, a quarter-million motorcyclists at Daytona? How many could you reasonably expect to drag themselves away from drinking, t!tty-ogling and puking to watch a freakin' motorcycle race?

Rest assured, though, that a separate Speed Channel with more motorcycle-racing content would be perfectly viable. There's more sponsors out there than just DR Chipper/Shredders and Make-$100k-a-Month-Sitting-On-Your-A$$. You've got your Orick vacuums, your citrus cleaners, shake-to-light flashlights, Mathew Lesko...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
So much for those literbike shootouts that said the CBR1000 was so much better than the Zooki. Another example of the pointlessness of the yearly boring 600 and literbike shootouts.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Posting rules for dummies.

Gotcha. I'll switch to all caps. ;-)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.