Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey, at least we got to enjoy the Boxer Cup, which proved that:

a) even racing bloated, slow bikes can be fun if you put enough wacky riders in the field;

b) BMW should consider selling the R1100S w/o a kickstand, since the cylinders seem to fill that function admirably;

c) the carbon fiber covers make the R1100S a capable bumper car.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With Suzuki 6 seconds and Kawasaki 18 seconds back, what will these manufacturers do to maintain their credibility. Their replicas are great but they're outclassed on the track.

KPaul should have bought a Honda (of course).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Certainly Kawasaki didn't ruin a perfectly good street ride (zx600j3) in order to build a painfully uncomfortable supersport LOSER (zx600k1)! Tommy Hayden and Tony Meiring consistently ran up front last year on the magazine-shoot-out-losing ZX6Rs so what gives? I imagine that after running architecture that dated back to 1998 Kawasaki is still sorting out the new zx6rr. Of course the Honda is all new and the Yamaha is substantially new so there's goes that excuse. Here's hoping Team Green can get back in the fray. To hell with Suzuki. :)

Salesman

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
That was some great racing.

They might be bloated, but they were not all that slow -- the fastest qualifier, "Mini" Cooper, qualified fast enough to have made the Superbike grid -- ahead of a gixxer 750.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Interesting that in the WSB event a week ago, the lone Suzuki in the SuperSport field took the win. Similar to AMA, the fastest Kawasaki was way back.

I wonder how much different things would have been had EBoz not decided to pass on the SuperSport race to save his strength for the 200. He seems to be the only one to be competitive on any of the Kawasakis these days.

I guess racing success requires more than a few sexy components like radial brake calipers and USD forks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.