Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'll take that Burns comparison as a compliment!

For the record, since we at MO don't like to repeat ourselves, and our man Stickie reviewed the relatively unchanged ZZR 1200 last year, this wasn't meant as a bike review. It's a touring story on Death Valley. Hit the link to the review if you want the official MO lowdown on the Kawi.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Good story, I would like to see more of this kind of stuff. It's kind of like 'Rider' Magazine, but without the Goldwings... or the Geritol. Hopefully I'll be moving to the San Diego area in about 8 months. I want to see all of these California riding destinations for myself.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I don't get it. When MO writes about the bikes, subscribers want to hear about the ride. When MO writes about the ride, they want to hear about the bikes, even though the bikes were written about already.

Glad I'm not a moto-journalist.

Now write about some dirt riding, Ebass. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I suppose if I wanted information E-bass would be a bit over the top, but in a road trip story I like the entertainment.

I guess I'm easy, I even liked his review of the Road Star even though he hardly had a word to say about it.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Excellent Ebass. I got to re-live my trip to DV two years ago. It is both a bizarre and wonderful place. Just remember to check the temp. before you ride there fellow MoFos. It can get really cold in the winter.

For those of you interested in more journeys like these, I highly recommend "Motorcycle Journeys through California" by Clement Salvadori. This book is a permanant fixture in my tankbag and I've taken many of the trips described in it.

And EBass, my vision is 20/20 now so I will definitely be in for the next adventure.

Sedona anyone?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hmmmm, How to put this?

Let's just say that the speedo goes to an indicated 180 mph and that given enough real estate to work with (and as Buz says, there is plenty in DV) a devoted motojournalist would have wanted to test the needle to ensure that it wasn't malfunctioning and indeed goes all the way to the end of the digits.

I'm just saying, theoretically that's what would happen.

:)

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Hmmmm, How to put this?

Cool story, I like places like that because it's so wide open, up here you just ride around through trees all the time, can't see a durn thing but trees, ought to clear-cut 'em all.

So, I'm wondering what would one of those big spiders look like if (in theory) it got pasted by a Kawasaki going a (theoretical) buck eighty? I'm guessing sandwich plate with legs? dinner plate? Caddie hubcap?

Inquireing minds want to know,,,

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
EB, ya go on this cool ride and no invite. I'm hurt and devistated. Great story and I bet it was a blast. Next time get Buz off his arse, bad vision or no. The guy is a slacker.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't write the check and don't log in to the site and you won't have to read it. You can get a much more bland ride story from Rider magazine if that's what you are looking for. That's why there is more than one motorcycle magazine out there to choose from.

What you are complaining about is what I imagine a lot of people come to this site for. It has entertainment value and a forum for us to all spout off on.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.