Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Guess we're not going to have a new precedent that allows people to sue manufacturers over BS advertising hype. Wouldn't that be great though? Actually being able to sue companies that lie about their products in ad copy.

Well, that's too bad. I'd like to sue Honda over the Magna transmission and Suzuki over the GSX carb problems.

I'd love to go after GM for their "longest lasting most reliable trucks" crap, too.

Black and Decker would be easy meat.

The list is endless.

Who believes ad copy anyhow?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Political advertisements are specifically exempt from federal truth in advertising law. Betcha they got real bipartisan support in granting themselves that exemtion.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Please. It's lunchtime. I can hardly hear, read or see an ad from either freakin' candidate without losing my lunch already. Have mercy.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Did you tell him that drinking 3 magnums of Colt45 before riding is NOT RECOMMENDED?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Don't laugh too hard. Look at all the rubes who line up to cry "take my money please" whenever some company comes out with a "limited edition" Eddie Bauer Exploder or a Thunderbird or a PT Cruiser. The companies are laughing all the way to the bank. Look at the FJR1300. How many are paying premium and waiting months for those?

Limited Edition. Yeah. Limited to the number of people who want them.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Triumphs

Actually it was David blowing his horn to get the Auto Club to come and haul his 67 Bonnie to the junkyard.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Defending Harley

Have you noticed certain suspects who accuse Harley owners of being irrationally brand-loyal but when a Hog owner calls them on the screw jobs their bike's manufacturer has pulled they then defend the abuses of their own ride's manufacturer to the death just as adamantly as any Hog owner?

I love it when people accuse others of their very own foibles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts