Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"Tietsworth did not claim in his suit to have any problems with his Harley, but he hoped....." to make a few bucks?? LOL

Sooooooo, he never actually had a problem, but sued anyway. Funny thing is, it's hard to find anyone that actually had a problem. All the hand wringing about possibly being killed by something that will never happen is hilarious. I like the MCN findings of 50%+ failures. It's one thing to CLAIM something, and yet quite another to PROVE something. Internet BS don't count for much people. The court says Harley wins. Haters gonna hate anyway.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: Ad copy

It's because they didn't duck any bullet. REAL failures are like hen's teeth. All internet bullshyt aside, Harley was just being honest when they saw ANY failures. All they needed to do was ignore the problem, and it would have never surfaced in the first place. It was just like the Y2K problem. More of a people problem than an ACTUAL one. I hear horror stories from people about current Triumphs all the time, yet owners of the marque seem to never have those complaints. How is that?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"Service Manager: Bring it back when it brakes."

Ya mean I have to bring it back after every stop sign or stop light? How will I ever get it home?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"This is why I too ride a Kawasaki."

I hope you don't ride a 2000-2001 ZX12. You don't want the list of defects with that bike that were never fixed, nor recalled.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Yeah, those things are dangerous! Lets get a class action suit going! Mine almost wobbled once and it scared the shyt out of me.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: Defending Harley

Honda DID do the same for as long as they could. They hid the engine overheating and frame cracking for a year and a half on their superbly crafted machine. Since the word got out, and sales sucked, THEN and only THEN they FINALLY did something. Let's say you bought a bike in that VIN range. Would YOU be happy with a rewelded frame on a 20 grand plus bike? I know I wouldn't. I want a NEW frame or a NEW bike for my 20G. Give the rewelded one to someone else. And if that frame breaks again outside the standard warranty is Honda gonna pony up to fix it again? Harley gave a 5 year 50,000 on their cam problem. Seriously doubt Honda is gonna give you a new frame at 50,000 if it goes belly up again. To me, frame defects REQUIRE a new frame, not some 3rd party fix that Honda approved. They went the cheap route and are praying they don't break again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts