Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
A company with a brand that they've invested a lot of money in is not going to jeopardize that investment (and the brand) by intentionally producing crapola

But that is exactly what the American auto makers have been doing for the past 30 years! Why do you think there are so many jap cars out there?

I think Harley should do the right thing and have a recall. Yes, it looks bad, but sh*t happens. No bike or auto manufacturer is immune to defects.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: Defending Harley

What kind of logic is that?

I guess Honda should have done the same? Sorry folks about the cracked frames. It was not our fault that we got contaminated aluminum rods from our suppliers. We have since changed suppliers so everything is good.

If you bike falls in the VIN range we will sell you a kit to fix the defect we should have caught in our quality control testing. We f'd up, but you should pay for our mistake.

What kind of service is that!??!!?? If it were like that, and my bike was in the VIN range, I would NEVER buy a Honda again. But thankfully Honda did the right thing by recalling the affected bikes, and fixing them...for FREE.

·
Registered
118 Posts

....on their superbly crafted machine

lol. I knew someone would talk smack soon enough.... Obviously you know little about what actually went down....Honda did not hide anything. Honda, as any manufacturer, needs to investigate defects when they appear. Is it common? What is it? How does it happen? What conditions? Then they can start to come up with what the actual cause of the problem is. Once they know what the cause is, they need to come up with a fix, which also takes time, as they want to make sure it is correct.

As for sales, the Honda dealers in my area do not seem to have any problems selling Wings. I see them come in, and I see them go out. Sure, they are not Honda's most popular model (I believe the l33t CBR 1000 RRs are now), but they are selling.

I know this might be hard for a Harley owner to believe, but the Gold Wing does not cost $20+k. I got my '02 for 15k.

LOL. Mr Engineer, thanks for the advice, but I think i will trust the Engineers at Honda over your opinion about the frame.

The cheap route? What are you talking about?

·
Registered
118 Posts

if you paid $15k an '02 it must have been used.

Nope. Afraid it was new with .2 miles on the odometer. What is a 'stator'? Never had any problems on my wing other than the ECM recall. 9000 miles. So I am not sure what you are talking about.

Had a Honda Shadow Sabre before that...no problems or recalls on that. Not sure what you are talking about with those problems.

the only reason they copped to the frame cracking is if someone got killed and it came out they had prior knowledge they'd be lucky to sell weed whackers

What are you talking about? Keep babbling...

Back to the point. Harley rapes their customers with outrageous prices for their bikes, then bends them over a second time when they have defects in their bikes.

Ahy would you put up with that?

Good joke for ya....

Why are Electra Glide Owners Pissed?

Because even after spending 30k, they still don't have a GoldWing!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts