Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
MORE PIX - Del Mar Mile & Concourse

Thanks for the compliments folks! Greatly appreciated.... send more and I'll get more assignments to cover. More pictures can be found all over MO as I've been shooting here for a few months now... or you can goto 'my' site and see something else.

Watch for a big set from the upcoming Love Ride as well... and a summer review of local riders hangouts.

take care and keep it in the wind,

- fonzie

·
Registered
415 Posts
CBX

Man, no kidding. I bet he'd take offers but between my offer and his price would be a grand canyon that even Robbie Knievel couldn't jump.

The '79 CBX is my dream bike. The one I want in the garage as a piece to take out a few times a year just to remind me that had I gotten it when I was 16 I wouldn't be here now.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: MORE PIX - Del Mar Mile & Concourse

I want to be just like you when I grow up! Nice pics and photographers site. Professional and representative with just the right amount of personal stuff to let customers know something about you.

Sweet Sporty too by the way.

"Watch for a big set from the upcoming Love Ride as well... and a summer review of local riders hangouts."

Nice teaser.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That particular CBX looks soo clean and well put together that 'd probably give my left nut for it, if he was inclined to sell.

Then I'd take it home, put it on a dyno in my living room, set up a really good recording rig and then just rev the pee out of it 24/7 for your listening pleasure. Once I was out of recording media, I'd take it out of my living room, put on some all black Bates leathers, a white Bell helmet and wring its neck through every tunnel and other echo chamber like structure I could find.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: CBX

I bought is new CBX in 79, and the sorriest move I made was selling it. One of the few Japanese bikes that had a soul. It had style and those 6 cylinders in-line looked incredible. It sounded like a jet fighter on the gas. Smooth and fast. Loved that bike.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No more Harley factory support - Rich King and Jennifer Snyder are history? I think this is the last year for the Sacramento Mile. Just 2 or 3 years ago the grids were still mostly HDs. What's the point of the Formula USA series anyway? Why not just bring the AMA flattrack series out here?

Eddie Mulder and Gene Romero should combine their efforts and expand to include the Harleys and have a big vintage flattrack series. There's no grease and oil mixed in with the dirt that comes off the KTMs and Hondas.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I lusted after the CBX as a youth. Of course when they came out I wasn't old enough to get a driver's license.

It seems like some decent examples can be had for 4 grand or so.

What are ya waitin' for?

·
Registered
80 Posts
It cost motorcyclists $5 to park at the Del Mar Fairgrounds (down from the standard $7 for cagers) and an unbelievable $17 to get into this event.

I will never be suckered into this event again. Walking the bikes in the parking lot was worth more than the racing or the vendors!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.