Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best thing for the citizens of Delaware would be to pass a law that only lets the legislature meet every two years for a few weeks, like they do in Nebraska. If you allow them to continue be a permanent legislature then they will constantly be bombarding you with stupid new laws to justify their existence.

A State can get by easily by having a very limited and part time legislature. It's only certain corrupt special interests that benefit from a full time legislature. You only need look at California currently bankrupting itself at a mad rate to see how bad it can get.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
oh yeah, like the hoonafeckers in idaho are any different...puhleeze.

bums, all of them...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yep that and the Real Estate/Mortgage/TimeShare industry. Can't believe what little those folks do but how much they steal from us... they corrupt the real estate industry. You guys have great lobbyists down at the state level..Take the legislators out to dinner buy them a hooker then get their vote.. A guy in Seattle has booming business in online real estate site minimal fees and very small comission. The Realtors are trying to shut him down like they did in Texas... All of those real estate/timeshare/mortgage slimeballs would have to get real jobs..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Have you ever been to Nebraska.. I worked on farm there on summer. There isn't alot of action there besides Husker football thus they don't need to have the laws like the states of California which is a small country...

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
{}

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
;^)

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I don't see why this bill would be necessary, as Federal law already classifies two and three wheeled vehicles as motorcycles. That's why sidecar outfits also count as motorcycles for tolls, HOV lanes, etc.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jeeeez, dude. I didn't say they were any different. I'm only saying that it's better to limit the amount of time they can spend doing harm.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah well for example it was already a ticketable offense in Utah to drive a car while being distracted. Yet the Utah legislature in their vast wisdom decided to pass a law to make it illegal to drive while being distracted by a cell phone. WTF?

If your law makers have enough time on their hands to pass laws that prohibit already prohibited behavior then they need to be sent home. Thank god the Utah idiots noly meet for 6 weeks once a year. Once every three years would be better.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Ö

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Utah, Idaho, whatever. Too many Mormons for me (and I was raised LDS).

Family home evening anyone? How about a nice hot cup of Postum...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, it passed. Specifically they name using a cell phone, eating, grooming and searching for something in the car as distracted driving... which were already offenses under the general "distracted driving" rules.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.