Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I want a V-3 submersable chopper that has 15" over AEE Girder forks and a fold out picnic table that doubles as a solar panel for powering the big screen TV. That and a carpeted primary case & Golf club holder.
AND it all has to be less than 350 pounds. For the petite riders, dontcha know.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I'd go with something along the lines of an inline four with a removable fairing and windshield, removable hard bags and foot pegs on an eccentirc cam so they could be raised or lowered and moved fore and aft a few inches. Also adjustable bars and seat height, heated grips and an adjustable windshield, Triple disc's with ABS, 17 in. radials... Basically a Trophy or GT1200 with some tweaks

·
Registered
553 Posts
How about a boxer four? It's also occurred to me that, with bikes going drive-by-wire, the need for mechanically fixed controls diminishes. You could have multi-position handlebars (like a mountain bike or 10 speed) with over-under and vertical grips that allow you to change ride position depending on conditions, whim, or simply to reduce fatigue. You'd need to have some sort of toggle control to change which controls were currently active (so as to avoid bumping the wrong ones)...

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
With the ever more stringent noise standards (my 1980 Goldwing sounds positively growly compared to the new bikes) the new bike has to have one of those motorcycle sound makers like they used to put on the Schwinn Stingrays.

This is fun. After we add all the suggestions together the new bike will look suspiciously like an Edsel.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Trent, that is suspiciously on topic. Beware that the Mods don't get you.

I would like a dual sport that came with an extra set of supermoto wheels from the factory. A true "bolt on" and ride kind of gig.

Along your line of thinking a factory triple tree that could take either clipons or a handlebar would be nice.
for 20k+ you can get the BMW HP2 that at one time came with the SM wheelset. What a bargain.

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
It's also occurred to me that, with bikes going drive-by-wire, the need for mechanically fixed controls diminishes.
You are thinking! Imagine, "personality" modules that simply plug into a common connector/bus/capture device. Unplug the cafe bars, plug in the high bars. Unplug the bikini fairing and headlights and plug in the batwing. Same out back and with the controls. They could sell the modules as accessories. Get the basic bike, and then go back in for new stuff as you want them. Sort of like buying the S.O. a wig and a nurses outfit...

·
Registered
956 Posts
You'd better get a patent lawer quick

Actually I think you guys are on to something. But hey they claim a million monkeys with typewriters over time would produce Shakespeare(sp?).

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Actually I think you guys are on to something. But hey they claim a million monkeys with typewriters over time would produce Shakespeare(sp?).
I think the quote actually went "An Infinite number of monkeys on an Infinite number of typewriters banging-away for an Infinite number of years - at least one would produce the complete works of Shakespeare................."

:cool:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.