Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Great point someday I want to do what you do i.e. fix up bikes... Of course I will specialize in throwaway Japanese Sportbikes though..Don't think I will ever be a cruiser affection ado

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Weight might have something to do with it...

You are a little late.. We debated Buell's engines on the Triumph Sales thread yesterday.. The GPTB thinks they are fine... "Stay the Course" says longride..zawa, Buz.. Try to keep up Racer/Corporate Boy.. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
We could have it both ways if the manufacturers would offer upgrade packages of shocks, exhausts, brake lines, seats and different bars right out the doors. Just basic safety and comfort stuff. Personalization could still involve aftermarket chrome, carbon fiber, different lights, or whatever. But any bike that costs over $10,000 should be complete with all safety and comfort items

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would like the parts of the bike that are not rider specific e.g. shocks brakes etc to be excellent as stock, but there is still plenty of room for customization. I take my bikes to Rich's saddle in Seattle where it's customized to my butt, height and preferences. No stock seat or even 3rd party seat is going to match that. OTOH I would really like to see one aux power connector type, and have all bikes have it installed stock - preferably in two places

Grif

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The frames and forks have to be top notch right from the start. They're just too expensive to replace, especially if you're dealing with a used bike. Things like windscreens and seats are very personal.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Not enough substance? What years were you busy hating the Yankees? Arrogantly wealthy, yes sir. But that has to be the most substantial baseball franchise in the history of the game. BTW, I'm an Oriole fan. Now there's a hard team to like, unless you like to bask in the past.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
By trolling forums such as news.motorcycle.com and listening carefully to anything the GMP has to say, then completely ignoring it and doing what they need to cause the bikes to actually SELL

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.