Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Sidi Champions are a comparable model that is slightly taller than the diadora yet is still shorter than standard sport boots; you still get some shin protection, and they are still comfortable for commuting in warmer weather.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, unless there are two companies named Diadora who make footwear, then these boots are made by the same company who makes top of the line soccer cleats. Their soccer cleats were literally first rate, though the price was as high as their quality. Hopefully these boots are built to the same standards.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Question

I was looking for a boot that would provide solid protection for commuting a couple of days a week and are comfortable enough not to require a change of shoe once I got to the office

Well, are they?

I'm wondering how big/bulky/heavy they seem during a day at the office. How about temperature, do they keep your feet too hot during the day? Etc, etc...

I think boots like this are a good idea. I don't think I could get away with wearing some Sidi Vertebra's at the office, and I don't have the money or space to keep/haul an extra set of shoes everywhere I ride to, but I still want some decent weather resistant foot/ankle protection, etc.

These are a bit pricy, but then again so is everything else motorcycle related. Oh well. Maybe I'll look for a pair like these once my current commuter boots wear out.

- MC

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sigh, yet another nice looking european boot that fits exactly one size of ankle & calf. Sidi makes some wonderful boots, but they are all meant for muscle mass challenged beanpoles.

I wear Frey Daytona boots, which are adjustable across the rear of the boot. Made in Germany. Love em.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Or just extra-large (15 American, 50 Euro, occasionally a 14/48 if they're cut big). I'd feel like a total dork wearing basketball shoes everywhere, and Doc Martens are too clunky and bulky for proper control manipulation, but I wonder sometimes if those aren't my only realistic choices. Local selection happens to suck, too.

Pardon the irritation. I just had to shovel yet another half-foot of snow out of my driveway already this morning.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Guess I'll stick with my Timberlands. They provide a wide size, and are reasonably waterproof.

I will NOT buy a boot that does not provide a wide size, and Italian-styled boots tend to be narrower than most.

I don't need a boot to wear around the office: I commute 250 miles, in variable weather, and therefore use hard saddlebags to carry the requisite gear.

Otherwise, these could have been an attractive buy for the city commuter. The features look good, and the price is not too bad (by motorcycle footwear standards).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out Bates FastLane boots; there is a review in MO; price is $225 and you can get them made for custom sizes, too.

I have found that entirely too many otherwise good European brands (and even Asian-made US labels) are just too small.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've been wearing a pair of AGV Waterproof Sport Touring boots for about a year now. I picked them up at Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse (www.mawonline.com) for about $85.00. They are comfy for long-distance commuting and light enough to wear around the office. They were waterproof as-is for about 7 or 8 months, and when that wore off, a can of silicone spray made 'em raintight again. I would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
boots..have tried a number of brands...right now, recommend the Red Wing brand...these things really seem to work...comfortable to ride and for walking (imagine that)...if looking for good riding boots, give red wing a look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.