Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If this bike ever goes into production, with the hp and mpg numbers these guys are quoting, I think they will sell plenty. Depending on how it handles I might even buy one.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: How About a Diesel Commuter/Tourer?

I'd like to see a touring bike light enough and agile enough for commuter use that gets 100+ mpg.

Seems like a diesel would be the way to provide enough power and torque while getting great mileage.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Wow, looks like MO should do a test as soon as one comes out for production.

Which MOron was prattling on about diesel bikes a few years ago? A great idea.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop...Diesel Cruisers! Imagine a Road King crossed with a Freightliner. Yeehaw! How American can you get!! I'm sure there would be tons of people who want to check the "Cummins" box when ordering their new Diesel Glide. All those chopper owners can feel the hard reality of depreciation when they trade up for their new rides.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not yet!

They are still in development...they haven't been sent to the fleet yet. And by the time they're done with one, believe me, you won't want it!

If a a Marine can't shoot, eat or fuc& something, he'll try to burn it or blow it up.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Not yet!

A saliors creedo:

It it moves, salute it.

If it doesn't move paint it.

If it doesn't do any of the above two, f*** it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
150 mpg? Doubt it. Look at the size of that engine. 450 lbs. Doubt it. Anyone know the projected price? How about at least $30,000 American. What a joke. Who here would really buy this?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've seen a couple diesel attempts in the past, and they've always been lacking in power. How is it these guys are suddenly able to make an engine with such unbelievable power?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.