Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Re: Dirt-biker mystified by trap set on trail

Unfortunately, that is not an isolated incident. Dirt bike forums are full of tales of booby-trapped trails set by eco-terrorist types. I ride once a year in the Colorado mountains and always have thoughts of sabotaged trails in the back of my mind. As trails usage gets more contentious among mountain bikers, horse riders, hikers, hunters, motorized vehicle off-road riders and "put it under glass and preserve it" types, these things will happen. Be careful out there, wear good protection and don't ride alone.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Probably some typical wacko Tree Huggers. They're no different then the Towel Head Terrorists. The only way to stop that kind of violence is to give them a taste of their own medicine. Possibly a public stoning!?

Judge Judy

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

Oooh, that's bad. Let's hope they all get Hells Angeles as cellmates when they get to CIM.

"What 'er you in for holmes?"

Poor bastard.

·
Registered
285 Posts
OPPORTUNITY!

It's totally cool that the perps got SEEN!

They need to be absolutely roasted. We have to have faith in the court system, as even though it is flawed, it is by Far and Away the best system anyone has ever constructed in the history of the world.

We need a jury full of riders on this one.

One to watch as it unfolds!

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts

I've had two instances of eco-terroism perpetrated within a mile of my home. One was a trapping company set on fire and the other was a McDonalds that was under construction set on fire. (I'm not so sure that burning Mcdonalds' is such a bad idea though.) The same ecowackos were arrested for the crimes a few years later.

We've also had trouble with tourists near the Moab slickrock trails trying to run down dirtbikers/ATVers with their SUVs. Bunch a wackos. Never mind that the bicyclists have done tons more damage to those trails than motorcycles. Have you seen what hundreds of bicyclists dragging their wheels down sandstone do to the rock surface? It ain't pretty.

This is why I take my .44 Blackhawk (w/ 300 gr bear busters) when I go dirtbiking anywhere where the "environmentally conscious" might be. Goes right through that aluminum radiator and engine block.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

In Rio de Janeiro I saw several motorbikes with a rigid antenna looking thingie in the front, with a hood where a small blade was attached. The explanation was that sometimes the kids in favelas flew kites, broken glass glued on the string, over the roads in order to slit open the throats of passing motorists. This was not done in spite but in order to rob them.

My guess in this case is also that these three fellows just wanted to rob the guy.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

The best thing through the engine block is teflon coated "cop killer" hard tip. It may be illegal in some states but nobody hardly notices while you are busily blasting through their radiator.

- cruiz-euro

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts

Well, actually the best thing would be an AP .50cal Browning round. I just can't seem to find a workable way to mount a .50 Barret to my IT175.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts

"The explanation was that sometimes the kids in favelas flew kites, broken glass glued on the string, over the roads in order to slit open the throats of passing motorists"

Is there a Brazilian equivalent of snopes.com?

;-)

·
Registered
514 Posts

sorry to disappoint all the right wingers and dittoheads but what we have here are not "eco-terrorists" but white trash meth heads

and as for the "why" part... it's pointless to search for any rationale from people like this... insane paranoid behavior is the norm.

·
Registered
514 Posts

no kidding... there is a sport popular in a lot of areas around the world of flying kites with glass powder on the strings but the game is to cut the strings of the other kite flyers, not the throats of motorcyclists

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

.44 Blackhawk - eexxcceellleennntt, Smithers! My beloved .41 Blackhawk (first gen) is sweet, too.

However methinks a .454 Casell might well make for a worthwhile upgrade - even if only for the novelty of it.

Nothing like new, high performance equipment to excite a rider!

On a more serious note, I've long heard rumors of corner sabotage (via clean, fresh motor oil) in certain N. GA roads. Never a credible story...rumors.

There are a lot of crazies out there...like the MO lurker who recently sent me the chickenshyte anon msg that I needed to "bash my own brains out".

Ahh, yes. To be an American, armed and well practiced!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.