Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
And the size of those exhaust cans! Why two anyway? Jeez...

·
Registered
170 Posts
"first post" crap

don't you people know this "1st post" nonesense was so 90's? Just because all you AOLusers can't 1st post on Usenet anymore doesn't mean the other netizens will tollerate it anywhere else.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
mutter mutter.... gets out calculator. Lessee now.... 12% less than a BMW F650GS comes to... you're kidding! $7823 for a Yamaha 660 single?? That weighs 380 pounds????

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......... I can get a freaking Speed Triple for that. Ahahahahahahahahahaha.........

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
With all of that weight they probably figured it would fall over if it were'nt balanced by the twin exhausts.

Seriously though it probably has something to do with some european decible threshold. VWW

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wouldn't worry about that. Suzuki seems to have its corporate head on straight re: their DS lineup.

Between DRZ400, DR650 and Vstrom they have their bases covered, and the 650 sits perfectly in the middle. I'd like to see higher end longer travel susp. on it though.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I'll get one of those Hollywood Special Editions that can jump canyons, but can't outrun a Land Rover. You know. Those bikes that look like 4-strokes but sound like 2-strokes. Or like those special Ducati 916s in "Fled" that couldn't outrun a faarken Cadillac. Or those bikes where the 9mm bullets just turn into sparks when they hit...... a neccessity in LA.

Where does Hollywood get those bikes?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I think this is a great bike. Cast in the imperfect mold of compromise, it conquers neither street nor dirt with any real aplomb, but somehow manages to do both.

It reminds me of the first XL600S Honda that came out in 1983 (albeit water cooled).

In the hands of a good rider, this Yamaha could be a terror. .

Long live foo-foo bikes! Thanks Yossef.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: Aprilia 450 V-Twin

Sheesh, a roughly 300 lb., 70 ish HP sportbike would be insanely fun. They'll probably ban it from being imported since it will be like a combined hit of crack and heroin and speed.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.