Motorcycle Forums banner

Dirt Revivalism: Yossef On The New XT660

61K views 50 replies 32 participants last post by  Dancinjack 
#1 ·
Re: Dirt Revivalism: Yossef Gets Down With The New XT660

Ha! first post. It'll be nice to see these sell. Not anough of this breed out there....

#34 ·
I wouldn't worry about that. Suzuki seems to have its corporate head on straight re: their DS lineup.

Between DRZ400, DR650 and Vstrom they have their bases covered, and the 650 sits perfectly in the middle. I'd like to see higher end longer travel susp. on it though.

#35 ·
I'll get one of those Hollywood Special Editions that can jump canyons, but can't outrun a Land Rover. You know. Those bikes that look like 4-strokes but sound like 2-strokes. Or like those special Ducati 916s in "Fled" that couldn't outrun a faarken Cadillac. Or those bikes where the 9mm bullets just turn into sparks when they hit...... a neccessity in LA.

Where does Hollywood get those bikes?

#39 ·
I think this is a great bike. Cast in the imperfect mold of compromise, it conquers neither street nor dirt with any real aplomb, but somehow manages to do both.

It reminds me of the first XL600S Honda that came out in 1983 (albeit water cooled).

In the hands of a good rider, this Yamaha could be a terror. .

Long live foo-foo bikes! Thanks Yossef.

#41 ·
HooRay for Hollywood, it's crap and pap...so $hit on Hollywood

Same place they get thier ideas for movie content, from the minds of nitwits...who have their head up the A$$es of fools.. who pander to cretins.

Never dreamed you'd need so many special effects to make liter bikes seem exciting!

#44 ·
I think the only replacement for a 9 year old KLR is a new KLR. It's already a better bike for dual purpose riders than the XT660 or BMW's F650GS series. At $5100 dollars MSRP you can upgrade the suspension, make engine mods, add luggage, and go out for dinner and still be in a competitive price range of the Beemer and XT.

#45 ·
That is too bad that this bike is mediocre. I was really hoping for a US Yamaha Supermotard.

Why hasn't Yamaha brought the MT-03 concept to production. Based on the interest of the MT-01 production bike, the MT-03 should be a hot item as well.

#46 ·
Re: HooRay for Hollywood, it's crap and pap...so $hit on Hollywood

I'm sick of getting headaches from the action scenes that make up for poor action choreography with frantic cutting and editing. They must change the view in the scenes at least twice a second now. "Gone in 60 Seconds", "Armageddon", etc. etc. etc.

#51 ·
What this Xt660 article Failed to mention is. Yamaha France has made this unit available to residents of The south seas for years. And that motor was not originally designed for this Bike but, was first in a Yamaha Quad. How about bringing in the MT-01 Yamaha. If you don't know what the MT-01 is look it up on the internet that is a bike I would buy. That is also a bike that you could find in the south seas.In fact I rode one in Pepete Tahiti. It's a Road Star Naked drag bike. SOOOOOOO Cool.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.