Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll take the Speed version anyday. That English announcer is very pasinit about his racing and you get to hear what the top 3 say about the race at the end. But I did see the fight for 1st place and that good.

Andy > Offshore Louisiana

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
There was a MotoGP race on today.........................?

·
Registered
6 Posts
CBS covered the Spanish GP today?!! I watched it on MotoGP.com but had no idea CBS covered it! When? Was it tape dealyed or live?! Was there advertising?! Is the rest of the world about to discover the most exciting motorsport in the world?!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I almost fell off my chair when the annoucer, Jeff Medder, touted MotoGP as "the NASCAR of motorcycle racing". Isn't that the "sport" featuring pushrod engines in archaic spec chassis? Where finishing order is determined by drafting deals in the pits and close finishes are ensured by frequent red flags? Where drivers protected by 3000lbs of roll cage are afraid to race in the rain?

I'd say MotoGP is the F1 of motosports minus the pit stops and plus on track overtaking.

Aside from that it wasn't too bad, except Jeff kept referring to the guys on bikes as "drivers".

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've all ready pretty much spent myself on this topic on all the forums I follow. Glad I subscribe to Dorna and wish all the people I talked into watching it on CBS had a chance to watch the race I got to see live. Pretty much the bar I got to put it on TV emptied before the race was over. Crap......

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
An exciting race ruined by a bored announcer. At least Schwantz was there to correct him every 4 minutes.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
CBS covered the Spanish GP today?!!

Apparently so.

I watched it on MotoGP.com but had no idea CBS covered it!

You probably enjoyed it more.

When?

Earlier today.

Was it tape dealyed or live?!

Dunno. But I'd bet on the tape-delay so CBS could get-in some......

Was there advertising?!

Oh, you can bet there was!

Is the rest of the world about to discover the most exciting motorsport in the world?!

Well, the REST of the world already knows about MotoGP. The United States is likely to remain in the dark for a while longer..............

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know just how you feel. I was expecting to have a great time last night - Cameron Diaz came over for an intimate little get-together - but she brought a six-pack of light beer. Really ruined my whole weekend.

I actually enjoyed the race - maybe I'm not sensitive (or knowledgeable) enough to be affected by a clueless announcer?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Yeah, I cringed, too. But, you have to understand that they were trying to get the uninitiated to relate to the popularity of the sport.

I was more annoyed when he kept referring to the riders as "drivers."

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
What a perfect opportunity blown. They needed an announcer who can communicate the amazing things happening on track and the sport in general. A little energy, please?

Sorry, but I said it last year, Schawntz isn't much of a commentator. Maybe he'd be good as a third guy with an expert perspective, but he's not cut out for the leading role.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yep I said this before Schwantz needs practice and new partner. I love Freddie and Ron on Speed TV . They are great for American audiences. The Dorna guys are little too hard core for the average NASCAR loving , W voting red-state idiots.. I think I'll say frack it and buy the online MotoGP package. The new Hi Res video looks great. A missed opportunity I agree.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
P.S. The race was a classic duel.. i.e. the racers did their part to make it exciting.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent Point

·
Registered
137 Posts
The commentator was way off the whole race. He would say "a spainard is in the lead" When it was clearly Casey Stoner. But overall I was happy they showed it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts