Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a guy who embraced life and lived it on his terms. Hard core to the end and one of a kind.

Old guys who still go fast fascinate me. I still plan to ride fast bikes when I am old. I want to be, in some small way, like Vesco.

Godspeed Don.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I belonged to the AFM in 1963-64 (raced the 250 class). From the pits, I always got to watch Mr. Vesco race his Matchless G-50 in the 500c class. He always wore a red handkerchef covering his nose and mouth when he raced.

I also remember him once in the pits at Santa Barbara airport races cutting sipes on his bald (balding) rear tire with a hacksaw.

Mr. Vesco I'm glad I got to watch you in your prime. Thank you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I lived about 10 miles south of Don for 20 years, he in Temecula, myself in Rainbow. Year after year, I kept telling myself that I needed to look him up. One of the few things I regret today is that I never quite connected. Even from a distance, I always looked on Don as one of the all time great wizards on wheels.

We'll all miss ya, Don, there will never be another like you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.