Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
We've commented on SPORT-Tourers and Sport-TOURERS. Now we need to add ADVENTURE-Tourers to our list.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was in Montana - bike trip of course - and how I was chased out of my beloved fly fishing spot by an aggressive moose? No? Well, maybe another day. At least I wasn't on my bike at the time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've seen a lot of moose on that strech of road (almost left a reminder of the event on front of my truck on more than one occation), but haven't seen a bear there abouts, yet.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I wanna know ...

where I need to go to get bear roadkill.

All I get is nasty-a** muskrats, flattened cats, semi-rabid fluffy white dogs and an endless stream of Richardson's ground squirrels (them's good eatin'!).

How is a man supposed to brag to his kids about runnin' down a Richardson's ground squirrel?

"You shoulda seen him, son, he was 5" high so help me god. He just ran outta da bush and, smack, straight into my tire. Bastard wrecked a spoke, he did."

·
Registered
130 Posts
This happens too often

Had a friend ride from Massachusetts to Alaska and had the same thing happen to him in BC. Only it was a moose and he didn't survive. Doing 60mph the moose ran out and hit the side of him and fell on him and the motorcycle, crushing both. Never had a chance.

Another friend a mile from my house hit a deer on the interstate doing about 70mph. Messed him up good.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Re: This happens too often

C'mon!

Deer are fast, but 70mph!

'Round here, you gotta watch for the raccoons, 'possums and worse, the armadilloes. Picture a speed bump that moves. We have lots of deer, but they are small. Kinda like a greyhound with antlers.

I won't even get into the aged/dazed/lost/confused/impaired tourist hazard.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Tourist problems?

They've become such a hazard up here that we're talking about removing bag limits during tourist season.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.