Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it when a pedestrian gets hit by a car the full extent of the law is enforced but when you get hit on a bike you are debris. Thank GOD the biker was not taken out this time. Follow this one and as always the driver will pay a slight fine and be back out there ready to hunt another one of us down, AAARRRRGGGHH!!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Pardon me for engaging in ageism, but considering the accident happened down in Geriatric Junction, I’d like to know how old Mr. Eisenburg is. An $85,000 motorcycle has to make for a pretty big piece of road debris…The chrome, alone, would probably make it had to miss. Hard to believe anybody could run into something, as obvious as the Chrysler Building, and not notice it. Must’a thought he hit the worlds-heaviest-silver-artificial-Christmas-tree, and the guy on his hood was the Angel.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Why is that if someone engages in a higher risk activity: motorcycling, bungee cord jumping, etc they are asking to get hurt and the penalties for ignoramuses that cause accidents like these get off so easy. Now, some moron spills hot coffee on their lap while driving they can sue the fast food chain for 3 million?

Why aren't there charges of attempted vehicular homicide or something. What is the difference between running down someone in a crosswalk and what this jackass did? These are the kind of charges you get for not leaving a note if you bump someone's parked car.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
The charges seem pretty fair to me. The rider wasn't injured and the driver's about to get sued for $85k. Fact is the guy's pretty well f****d.

All those charges affect his legal driving priviliges and his credit. Considering that Buelvas probably had the bike insured and will be reimbursed for it from his ins. co. and a lien for the $85k put on any money the other guy gets I'd say he got hurt more than Wack-off did for killing some one.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I must respectfully differ about the charges being fair. If the story is factual, it is a miracle the rider wasn't injured. The cage driver is either incredibly oblivious, or a liar. Either way, he should not be behind the wheel of a car.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Is yours the honeybee yellow with the huge stock 4into1? I had one of those for a couple of years... my first inline4. What a rush it was. Except for the horrible 60-70mph vibration.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
This is the old "I didn't see him" lie that all automobile drivers use as a get out of jail free card.

But, I'd bet the perp would have noticed the biker on his hood right away if the biker had pulled out a .357 and tapped it on the windshield.

Funny how that works for visibility.

·
Registered
514 Posts
gotta disagree...

this *****-eating white trash won't be impacted at all. He's already driving w/o insurance, he'll continue driving w/o license

I doubt he'll ever pay a dime of any judgement against him and he probably doesn't have any property or income to put a "lean" against.

& he's probably already going on about how "Jesus has forgiven him, why can't you?"

Nope, sorry... normal social controls only work against human beings, not this kind of blatantly lying irresponsible Snopsian upright talking monkey.

For this guy you need a couple of jack booted neo-Nazi thugs to beat the ever-living crap outa him & leave his bleeding body tied to the chainlink on a highway overpass as a reminder to all the other trash as to what's in store for 'em if THEY ever step outa line!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Three good things about this story. 1 the biker wasn't hurt. 2 the cager was caught, and will have to face some kind justice. 3 One more ill handling, over chromed, rolling substitute for a penus has been removed from public view. VWW

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
That's all true from an emotional standpoint. From a legal standpoint it doesn't look like there's anything else the state or county could do. And after all Jesus did forgive him.

Leaving his beaten body tied to an overpass would be a crime. Accidentaly getting tangled up with a rope and a cinder block and falling out of a bass boat while drunkenly fishing with your new friends one night would be........tragic

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Reminds me of the time some dirt bags tried to roll me while I was sitting in my VW beetle at a stoplight in Inglewood around 3am.

Except in that case I was tapping the WWII P35 Hi-Power (with Nazi proof marks) on the inside of the windshield, and pointing to it with my other hand.

That got their attention.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Driver getting off easy

Keep in mind Broward County i.e. Ft Liqourdale, Plantation, Sunrise is one of the places where the voting problems in the 2000 election. I used to live down there.

I have to agree with others that this idiot that hit this guy got off easy.

As far as being sued for $85,000 since this guy didn't have insurance it's doubtful Buelvas will get his money. Why? It's the OJ thing. i.e. Judgements can not be meant with your primary residence, social security, or pensions in Florida. This is why OJ moved to Fla. I was under the false impresion that OJ was paying some of his NFL pension, $200,000 a year, to his victims. Not true in Fla his pension is all his.

So if Eisenberg is a retiree on a pension as they say in NY "Forget about it"....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.