Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Take a PS1000 and remove the trick suspension and the next thing you know you have a $11,500 PS1000. Cool.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'll just sum up all the MO write-ups for the coming road tests for you.

"The Ducati's look, ride and sound great but are too expensive and don't make enough power. Also there are whisperings of relability problems and maintenance costs are exorbitant."

There, that was Readers Digest version of all MO Duck reviews for the last few years and probably all future missives until Ducati release thier 800 V4 GP engine in a 999 type package for less than 12 grand.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
"until Ducati release thier 800 V4 GP engine in a 999 type package for less than 12 grand" HS, my son, glad to see you are reading the teachings of the great kpaul the Great Motorcycle Prophet (GMP)... But kpaul says Ducati can charge 17,000 and still sell more V-4s in one year than the entire production run of the 999. Provided they don't allow the same designer of the 999 to the design the new V-4..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Trouble for Ducati?

This nostalgia bike trend for Ducati is troublesome. Perhaps Ducati is the HD of sport bikes... kpaul says don't rest on your laurels Ducati. Instead, look to the future i.e. making high performance V-4 sport bikes.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Er, no!

Sorry sunshine, but cost and performance are not motivating (or discouraging) factors when I'm looking for a new scooter.

Fortunately the KPP index is as irrelevent as your political views, what a sad world it would be if we rode around SV650's and continually voted Democrat.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: Trouble for Ducati?

Yeah, forget about this "building motorcycles for profit" nonsense.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: Trouble for Ducati?

Who cares? They are great bikes and they beat the pants off all the competition in the "retro" class. And they are stunning to look at, even more so than the originals.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I guess you just have to appreciate component quality... They forgot to mention the Ohlin's bits on the Sport S. Exactly what I wanted from the beginning, not that silly PS with its B-17 nose cone fairing.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.