Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Re: Last 3 Years of Duc Reviews...

Yep, you love 'em alright (or at least Yossef does) right up until you stick them in a comparo and then they're always found leading the also ran catagory.

And to add insult to injury you inexplicably fail to run a Monster, the bike that defines standard open class, in your comparo...what gives?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: Trouble for Ducati?

same thing at my local shop... the Classics have all sold as fast as they put 'em out on the floor.

& "retro" looks aside, the GT1000 is the best standard bike on the market right now

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I'm spoke-a-phobic. I wonder if Monster wheels would fit the GT1000?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It's the same fork set up (basically). The back of most Ducs are single sided. Have to come up with a diferent rear but the sizes (overall) are the same.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

If anyone here needs psycho assistance, posting anything George Soros as an "authority" is all the proof I need that a certain kook needs a session with the Minn. Multiphase.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
No, you are clearly not a Dam-no-crat. You are a Soros' boot licking "progressive". Book smart & as street dumb as a bunch of IWW Unionist picketing a Starbucks.

What a waste of brain cells.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

Thank goodness no for profit company has ever put kook into a product planning or marketing job.

Looks like even HD is branching out into the "sporty naked" area with the Euro Market targeted XR1200. Easily the most interesting thing (to me) that HD has done in a long time that isn't a track bike or a Buell (or a Storz mod).

More "tin ear" than "prophet" seems to me...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I'm with you guys. I swore a blood oath on the prince of darkness that I would never run tube tyres again.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Apparently my "smiley" wasn't enough to denote sarcasm...

But if you insist, the overhead cam engine is over a century old and the pushrod design is older still... The Otto cycle isn't exactly on the bleeding edge no matter how you skin it - it's all what you make of it.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
But the 620 and 695, at least, have double-sided swingarms, right?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
True- forgot all about the 695. Have seen one in the shop for a month.

·
Registered
46 Posts

I like the looks o' that there XR. Good power, and I can finally buy a Sporty without that darn air cleaner sticking out at my knee (which is why I don't have one now). If they sell it here I might have to "accidentally" wreck my Superhawk!

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.