Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Where's the passion!

Gee, Mr. Burns, your commentary RE the 749 seems somewhat forced and lacking passion (among other things). Kind of like a Home Depot stock clerk, me thinks. If you need someone to take your seat on the next silver tube to Spain, I'll be happy to oblige.

Greg

·
Registered
237 Posts
One does not reek havoc unless one stinks of devastation, ruination or catastrophe (cat-ass-trophy?). Thankfully, anyone may wreak havoc with or without KPaul, his consent, ideas or knowledge.

luvmyvfr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was it just me?

Or was there stuf missing from both of the rescent Ducati articles? I mean, yeah the 620 doesn't have the engine that a SV 650 has, but it does have SS braided lines, Brembo brakes, a better warrantee, upside down forks. Are they more comfortable than last years models? I thought most motorcycle guys were interested in specs as well as review commentary...

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I hate to nit-pick [not really], but it should be testastretta calzone, or testastretta lasagne, not tetastretta enchilada, looks like another wonderfull bike that I don't have, we'll just add this one to the list as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice job on the article. One problem- one of the photos obscured some of the writing, about half a paragraph's worth. My comments on the bike are limited to what I feel qualified to say. The 749 looks a hell of a lot better in yellow than the 999 looks in red. Of course, to each his own. Other than that, how much of us can really afford to pay that much for a supersport when a Japanese or British open-classer costs thousands less? I'd love to get one, but my pocket book says no.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That looks like a fun, fun bike! Hmmm, my SV could be my everyday bike and this could be my bike for those special occasions. Maybe I'll just try to find a cheap 748 now. Speaking of, Mr. Burns really didn't comment on how different the new is 749 compared to the old 748...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is anyone besides Ducati making motorcycles these days? I don't want to sound like a whiner, I read the first fourteen consecutive Duck articles with interest. But where does it end. What percentage of your readers ride these things. How about a bone for us unwashed poor confused cruiser riders who don't know enough to want a Ducati?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.