Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
We already covered this. For the haters: Tough nuts. For the lovers: I work at Atlanta Triumph Ducati. For the indifferent: Buy a Triumph and refer to the lovers line.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You know, $15K seems a little bit more reasonable compared to the latest Jap bikes...granted, the $20K "S" model is probably the most comparable, but still...

I wouldn't mind seeing the Japanese manufacturers come out with "premium" editions of their bikes - factory Ohlins & Marchesini, possibly mildly hotted-up engines etc., sort of like the Yamaha LE R1 but maybe a little bit more thoroughly thought-out (that bike seems...unfinished to me).

cdg

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Good thing you don't compare them to Japanese products. You get a motorcycle that will perform better for lots less money from all four. If price/performance is your game, Ducati ain't the name.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Re: Me likee very much.

Especially for something that, if ridden as it should be, stands a fair chance of sliding on its side during track daze. You're gonna also need to buy a .44 to shoot yerself if that happens, cuz it's gonna cost you another $15K to put it back together.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
There really is no argument. I have always said, and I doubt anyone could really dispute, that the Japanese will blow anyone out of the water with performance per dollar. Now what that has to do with why people purchase motorcycles, or what it has to do with real world performance is where the real argument lies. Price/performance isn't everything to everyone, else we would all be on liter sportbikes. Even in OZ the Japanese are price/performance champs, aren't they?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I'm pretty flexible. Selling a Superbike for more than a ST3 sound like profit to me.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Did you miss the notice: Ducati pull Chicks. Harley's pull "Homely Chicks"- although i'll admit 1 in 10 are pretty good looking. I'll pass on the tatooed Harley chick for a sweet lil just out of college co-ed any day.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Bayliss- WSB SuperBike Champ- Ducati. But performance sucks on a Ducati. Ask Troy Corser what he thinks of the bike. Take Yoshi Suzuki out- because we all know that Spies and Mladin are head and shoulders above the rest of the paddock and you'll see that Neil Hodgeson made the 999 compete against the rest of the crowd. But twins are dead- ask KP...

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I like Japanese bikes myself. The R1 in particular has always had the looks/woody factor of a 916 or anything else you can point at. Even the first gen GSXR's are totally cool looking bikes, the new one just get better every year. Ducati has the "Italian Exotica" mystique that you can't put a price tag on

Now with Triumph, The Daytona's are competitive in price/performance and are just as much overkill as any other litre bike on the street, plus they have the 3 cylinder howl and general Brit Bike cool factor that no one else even comes close to. All they need is a decent dealer network.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.