Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I don't quite know what you are saying. Are you saying that the Japanese machines I used as an example are somehow inferior to the Ducati? If so, how are they inferior? I know they are 5 grand cheaper, but please give me an example of how they are particle board and the Ducati mahogany.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: Education ain't free

Guys, good thoughts on saving money on motorcycles purchases, but that's not really my point.

You can save 35% on your next motorcycle purchase without buying used or haggling at the dealership.

Buy your next bike with investment gains. Your income is taxed at 50% or more (25% fed, 15% Soc. Sec. & Mediscam, 10% state), and your long term capital gains only get dinged at 15% (plus the state tax hit, if you have it). The harder you work for more money, the higher your tax rate.

Taxes are your biggest expense. Don't add to the pain by buying a rapidly depreciating consumer good with highly taxed earned income.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Education ain't free

25% going to be the lowest rate pretty soon.

It's for the children... after a small adminstrative fee is extracted by 20 million bureaucrats.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: Looks are ok...

Yep, the Desmosedici's tail with vertical exit exhaust was the way to go. It's a ducati superbike--get a monster if you care about passengers, I say!

I guess many ducati superbike owners need someplace to put their Daisy Dukes and spaghetti strapped, camisoled, girlfriends.

I had a buddy with a fine-ass girlfriend that couldn't ride with him (monoposto), so she always hopped onto the back of my Hawk--which created an instant bond between us--nice. She said I was the best rider she's pillioned with. My buddy eventually sprung for a biposto seat because he couldn't stand to hear her go on about how much fun she has when riding with me--haha.

Rich

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
81 - 92 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.