Registered
306 Posts
Would you rather have:

Porsche Boxter

or

Honda S2000

or

Nissan 350z

If you want the Porsche, then you understand why people want Ducatis because both the Honda and Nissan are faster and maintenance free.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Re: It is simply a tussle between haves and have-nots.

Tax deferrable bonds. Due to the tax credit on personal mortgages, tax deferrable bonds return a bigger yield than the financing cost on my mortgage. You get taxed on savings accounts i.e. if you max out your mortgage and put it into your savings you’ll be making a loss.

Max out your mortgage and buy I bonds and you will make a couple of points. Money for nothing ... (or use of a Harley for nothing)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
I would say that my Honda RC51 does have soul. Or at least enough to go smoking past the 998's that I encountered on the track days that I participated in when using it for that purpose. Now I use it on the street. My no-souled ZX10 now simply vaporizes the various 999's it encounters. Though I admit the ZX10 did leave $10-20K unvaporized in my checking account compared to the fabulous Ducati superbike variation.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: Ducati has a better performance/cc ratio then Buell

He also likes to compare the 2005 version of one bike to the 2001 version of another. He's slipperier than a greased eel. You have to watch him.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Re: It is simply a tussle between haves and have-nots.

Let's try this again. If there were only Italian bikes, I would ride Italian. Same thing if there were only British, German or Japanese. If there were only Harley's, I would quit riding. They are not so much motorcycles as a rolling advertisement for yourself. They are ill handling, pieces of crap that look like they were put together in somebody's back yard, and don't really have too much do with the riding experience for anyone but a duffer. I can afford any kind of motorcycle I want, and an Orthodontist is someone who, like works on teeth, and are generally considered a bit testosterone challenged.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.