Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
The coolest thing about the winner is the vanishing electrical parts. Visually it is incredibly simple and clean even though he converted it to fuel injection!

Where'd he hide all that stuff? Bet the fuel tank only holds three quarts with all the requisite gadgets tucked under it. Gorgeously minimal, though.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"who predicted the customization of non-cruisers a couple of years ago"

...because urban bikers have certainly NOT been customizing sportbikes for AT LEAST ten years already.

My prediction - soon there will be numerous programs on cable television showing the building of radical V-twin custom motorcycles, also known as "choppers."

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Don't blame him, It takes at least 5 years for SoCal trends to make it up to the "cutting edge" at UW engineering school.

Wait, I think he's about to make a prediction on the Scott Peterson verdict.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Heh heh. People have been customizing naked motorcycles ever since there have been motorcycles.

KPail. The gift that keeps on giving..... if you are into psychosis. I'd bet that Freud could have written a volume the size of the Encyclopedia Britttanica on KPail's delusions.

Don't forget that he also said that all mechanical engineers are stupid. Wouldn't that include the ME's who design Japanese inline4 motorcycles?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
It's great to see some exposure for bikes that are customized with improved function as much in mind as great looks. A welcome break from the tenuous, er I mean tedious round of boring Big Twin "Customs" (that somehow all look almost exactly alike).

I think the tiger striped one is a bit over the top, but I admire the guy's dedication to the task.

However I'm a bit concerned about how Ducati cheapens out on 2nd and 3rd prizes. I mean, just what can you get with a "Ducati $250 Performance Certificate"? Does that buy one left footpeg? A pair of official handlegrips? A mirror? That's not even a valve adjustment, right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I only wish Ducati's amateur photographer was of the same caliber as the amateur customizers. Those dark shots with black background just don't work with the flash on the disposable digi-cam.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
No MEs are not stupid they are just a notch down from Chem Es and EEs. Go look at starting salaries for engineers by discipline.. It usually goes Chemical Engineers, EEs (including Computer Engineers), Aerospace Engineers, MEs, and bringing up the rear are Civil Engineers. No brag just fact.

Every ME, Civil E class I took was a cake walk compared to Chem E and EEs classes.

Every Business and Political Science class I took was even easier.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Third person, with Biblical allusions, and (I suspect) no irony. Hmmm...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
"Well, I was unable to enter the Long Beach show as I'm getting married that weekend, so it had to be Northern California, or not at all. And without my future wife Patricia's support I couldn't have made this possible.

If you had her support you would enter the Long Beach Show.

Kidding of course. At least you are getting a good and early start in the "Honey do" club. And, great job on the bike. Good luck!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ya gotta think, Chico Marx, if this is gonna work...

Asa no good. Ducati she a very, very especial'a Velocipede.

Money? Ehhhh, she's a no object... long izza yours, hokay?

Nex tinga ya know, yoe gonna wan it start, or someting, when yoe torn'a da key.

Hey! Fat chans! Ainn'a evor gonna happen. happen...Caio!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.